The Commercial Relationship Officer works with the Market President or Senior Commercial Bankers, to manage assigned customer relationships and loan portfolios. Primary responsibilities include active business development including the origination of commercial loans, obtaining commercial deposits, and the sale of treasury management and other bank products. The position will be expected to develop existing customer relationships along with obtaining new ones. The position will be expected to meet, consult, and counsel existing and prospective customers to find solutions to best meet the customer's needs. The incumbent will need to be able to accurately assess financial statements to determine the most appropriate outcomes.
This position is expected to source a minimum of 25% of business independently, along with developing and growing existing customer relationships. The position will be expected to spend a significant amount of time working with the existing local commercial team and supporting partners to further develop their sales, product, and financial analysis skills.
Our Commercial Relationship Officer role is intended for those that are self-motivated, driven for results, and intend to grow in a career in Commercial Banking. The expectation is that the incumbent(s) in this role will exceed expectations/goals, and, continue through the career progression to Commercial Relationship Manager within 18-30 months of entry.
Specific Job Functions
- Actively initiates business contacts to develop relationships and promote bank products and services.
- Counsels customers on business financing needs and process.
- Counsels customers and completes detailed review of loan application and other business services.
- Analyzes customer financial status, credit and property evaluations to determine loan feasibility.
- Develops and maintains personal loan pipeline.
- Teams with Credit Analysts to facilitate review and processing of loans.
- Responds timely to customer inquiries concerning active loans and Bank loan offerings and related business.
- Teams with Treasury Management to develop leads and referrals within existing portfolio and priority one customers/targets.
- Provides loan status reports to management as requested.
- Manages loan portfolio and ensures appropriate process is followed on delinquent accounts.
- Stays current on and proficiently follows the commercial lending underwriting guidelines.
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with business owners, builders, real estate agents, etc.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Skilled in business lending with thorough knowledge of the sales/service process.
- Skilled professional networker.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Proficient written and verbal communications skills, demonstrated by effective business relationships and production.
- Thorough knowledge of business bank products and services.
- Familiarity with all federal and state banking regulations, including, but not limited to the Bank Secrecy Act and the USA Patriot Act.
- Successful completion of Omega Training: Commercial Loans to Small Business within the first 6 months of employment.
Physical and Mental Qualifications
- Ability to understand and use Bank policies and procedures to support positive customer interactions.
- Ability to communicate in a positive and effective manner in one-on-one and in small group meetings or presentations.
- Ability to listen to and/or convey detailed or important instructions or ideas accurately and quickly.
- Ability to think and act independently within guidelines and limitations of Bank policy and assigned personal authority.
Drive for Results
- Presents a professional, business-like manner and appearance.
- Sales and service aptitude and ability. Earns quick credibility.
- Excellent skills at building and maintaining relationships.
- Effective team member with demonstrated collaboration skills.
- Highly developed communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to resolve customer concerns/issues in a positive way.
- Focus/desire to serve customer needs and provide excellent customer service.
- Four-year degree in Business, Finance or related field. Demonstrated knowledge of bank policies, procedures, and lending practices preferred.
- Two - five years of business banking experience with demonstrated record of achieving goals is strongly preferred.
- Fluency with PC and web-based software and systems.
- Valid driver's license required.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
HomeTrust Bank promotes an equal employment opportunity workplace which includes reasonable accommodation of qualified applicants and employees.