We Are Hiring
First Assistant - Surgical - Surgery - Full-Time,Rotating - Indianapolis-2001 West 86th St - Indianapolis, IN
Sign On Bonus Available to experienced candidates
Shift Hours: 4 Shifts Week (Evening Hours) 36 hours a week.Need 3 x 8's (11a - 7p) and 1 x 12 (11a - 11p), willconsider 3 x 12's if the candidate has the preferred skill set.
Required Skills: Must be able to perform primary scrub tech duties along with CSFA skills (if staffing permits we may use them to scrub cases directly versus assist). CSFA typically helps hold retractors, utilizes electrocautery under supervision of surgeon, sutures, and helps with general duties in the room such as case setup, patient positioning, prep, and turnover of cases after use.
Specialties needed with experience (willing to train): Da Vinci - Urology/General/Gyn-Onc/ENT, General - laparoscopic, ENT (Flaps, ear cases, sinus cases), Transplant (Kidneys), General cases (Livers, Whipples, large colon resections), Urology (Nephrectomies, prostatectomies, cystectomies), and some Gyn-Onc. Experience with Ortho, Neuro, Spine, or Hand/Shoulder a plus.
CSFA, CFA, First Assistant, Surgical First Assistant, Full Time
Why Join Ascension?
In Indiana, St. Vincent operates 24 hospitals in addition to a comprehensive network of affiliated joint ventures, medical practices, and clinics. St. Vincent's more than 15,000 associates and 3,000 providers offer expertise in a wide range of services including acute/long-term acute care, bariatrics, cancer care, cardiovascular services, emergency/trauma services, neuroscience, orthopedics, pediatric services, primary care, urgent/immediate care, women's health and more. St. Vincent has been serving central and southern Indiana for 145 years.
St. Vincent is part of Ascension, a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St. Vincent Health-IN, you will have the opportunity to providedirect assistance to surgeons during surgical procedures.
- Positions patient to give best exposure for surgical procedure, using stabilizing equipment when necessary, while maximizing patient comfort and safety.
- Provides visualization of the operative site using appropriate method, including manipulation of tissue and materials, retraction, sponging, suctioning and irrigation.
- Utilizes appropriate technique to achieve temporary and permanent hemostasis.
- Assists with body plane closure, application of wound dressings and securing of drainage systems.
- Assist in room clean up and the removal of the soiled case cart, supplies, and trash from OR room as needed at the completion of the surgical case.
- Participates as a surgical team member in the preparation of the surgical suite according to surgeon's preference cards with appropriate instruments, resources and supplies.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Providercredentialed from theAmerican Heart Association (AHA)obtained within1 Month (30 days)of hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Surgical Assistantcredentialed from theNational Commission for the Certification of Surgical Assistants (NCCSA)obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Surgical Assistantcredentialed from theNational Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA)obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
- None required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
St.Vincent is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. Please click the link below for more information.
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Vincent, a member of Ascension Health, participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)