Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Community Operations' focus is on improving the health of our products and helping people understand how to use them through both direct support interactions as well as scalable solutions. Those who join our teams are very passionate about solving people’s issues, and are strong advocates for the Facebook community. We need influencers who can align cross-functional partners to ensure the best possible experience for our platforms. If you like helping people, Community Operations is for you.
Facebook is looking for a content expert to join its Community Help and Education Content team. The Content team produces Help Center and scaled community support content for more than 2 billion people around the world who use Facebook and related products. The ideal candidate is a strong writer and editor with experience in digital content management, content strategy, project management, and data-informed decision making. This person should also have an eye for improving user experience and the ability to manage complex, cross-functional projects with proven critical thinking skills. This is a multi-faceted position and an opportunity to be part of a growing team.
1. Explain complicated product and policy concepts in simple, jargon-free language using Facebook’s voice
2. Collaborate with product, marketing, operations and legal teams to create content for product launches
3. Work with the operations teams to write clear, compassionate support messaging
4. Make data-driven decisions to improve Facebook’s support experiences and troubleshoot known issues
5. Manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining close attention to detail and meeting tight, frequently changing deadlines
6. 2 or more years of experience with technical writing, writing, creative writing, report writing, proposal writing, or grant writing
7. 1+ year(s) experience in one or more of these areas: help and support content, content management systems and workflows, editorial quality assurance, or online operations at a tech company
8. Project management experience, with the ability to work through ambiguity and manage competing priorities.
9. Experience defining, tracking, and reporting on content metrics. Knowledgeable in data-driven analysis.
10. XML skills.
**Equal Opportunity:** Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.