WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock's 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com .
General Labor - St Louis, MO
7526 N Broadway
St Louis, Missouri, 63147
Our WestRock- Food Service Packaging, St. Louis, MO plant is seeking qualified candidates to fill General Labor Positions in the production dept, $13.84/hr plus $0.65/hr shift differential. The shift is 2nd shift 6:00pm-6:00am work 3 days one week 4 days next week 13 days a month, every other weekend off.
This is an entry level, hourly position where advancement in operations is expected. The ideal candidate will have a strong commitment to working safe, good communication skills, a demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment, experience in a manufacturing environment, and a strong desire to succeed and advance in the company.
How you will Impact WestRock:
- Ability to safely operate various manufacturing equipment, follow specific directions, and perform duties as assigned.
- Ability to work safely, comply with all safety rules, lift, push or pull >50lbs, navigate stairs, stand, walk, bend, and kneel throughout the entire shift.
- Ability to read a tape measure (to 1/16" measurement, do basic math, and some computer skills.
- General mechanical aptitude & trouble shooting skills
- Ability to perform complete make ready and shut down
- Understanding of Quality Inspection Criteria
- Product Identification and Labeling
- Maintain Waste and Efficiency standards
- Performs inspections on various equipment for proper operation and report questionable conditions
- Performs various housekeeping, cleaning, and organizing functions with minimal supervision to ensure areas are clean and free from debris
What you need to succeed
- HS diploma or GED required.
- 12-hour shifts, 6:00pm-6:00am 36 hours one week, 48 hours next week set schedule. Every other weekend off.
- Must be self-starting/self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and have a sense of urgency to complete tasks accurately and on time.
- Good communication skills including the ability to interact with other levels of management and staff.
- Industrial manufacturing experience is preferred.
- Must be flexible on shift.
- Must pass a background check, pre-employment drug screen and physical
What we offer
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability, and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies, and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.