WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock's 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com .
General Manager - Sioux Falls, SD
100 E Benson Rd
Sioux Falls, South Dakota, 57104
Career Opportunity :
The General Manager position will have responsibility for the Sioux Falls Plant.
Manage the entire operational structure of the Sioux Falls Plant which includes the functional areas of safety, sales, human resources, financial, environmental, quality, production, purchasing, transportation, maintenance, engineering and community relations. Manage and coach sales and customer service team members with the objective of achieving budgeted, margin growth or further expansion of our business. The General Manager reports to the Business Unit General Manager.
How you will impact Westrock:
- Assure on a daily basis all WestRock values, standards, and customer commitments (i.e.; sales, quality, R&A, safety, employee relations, on-time delivery, reporting etc.) are followed.
- Build effective relationships with all departments to produce strong customer relationships and superior products.
- Develop and implement action plan for increasing plant income (i.e.; sales, creating efficiencies, etc.).
- Control cost within budgetary limits to achieve profitability.
- Review and understand annual budget, forecasts, and monthly financial summaries.
- Work closely with sales representatives in developing and maintaining relationships with key accounts.
- Foster employee development through training and other resources.
- Establish goals, track results uptime, quality productivity.
- Ensure all customer feedback is promptly dealt with and any complaints are corrected immediately.
- Maintain assets including building, land, equipment, and other assets.
- Ensure all environmental compliance issues are addressed on a timely basis.
- Provide a vision for the plant strategically linking resources of the facility with its respective markets.
- Promote diversified recruiting, hiring, training and managing of sales representatives, customer service, and operations staff for both facilities.
- Maintains a sufficient sales pipeline to meet budgeted volume growth objectives.
- Ensures target accounts match margin, capacity, and equipment requirements of the plant.
- Leads Talent Management initiative.
- Approve pricing within the appropriate levels.
- Assists in management of all aged inventories ensuring zero controllable write-offs;
- Management of all accounts receivable ensuring zero controllable write-offs.
- Assists with establishing budget for sales, margin and expenses within the assigned plant.
Ensures that appropriate policy and procedures are followed for tooling, outside purchases, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Position has direct supervisory experience responsibilities with Sales, Customer Service and Operations.
- Leadership skills, insightful business judgment
- Ability to drive results through others
- Strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated sales competence and business acumen
- Broad understanding of different types of packaging capabilities and solutions relative to packaging industry
- Professional Approach to Problem-Solving and Business
- Ability to provide clarity to complex problems and develop long term solutions
- Ability to manage multiple accounts and deadlines and interact effectively with people from varying functions and levels
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor's Degree (Business or related field preferred)
- Minimum 10 years of related work experience with over 5 years in a leadership role preferred
- Previous business-to-business sales experience in a manufacturing/service industry with supervisory, management or coaching responsibility- box industry or related industry- preferred
- Demonstrated ability to drive new business development, box industry or related preferred
- Experience selling/presenting to senior management and key decision makers box industry or related preferred
- Previous budgetary/P&L experience preferred, box industry or related preferred
- Solution/concept sales experience preferred to product sales box industry or related preferred
- MS Office Software, Internet-based pipeline management software experience
- Some travel required, overnight included.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.