About Summit Medical Group
Summit Medical Group is East Tennessee’s largest primary care organization with more than 300 providers at 66 practice locations in 15 counties. Summit also consists of four diagnostic centers, mobile diagnostic services, eight physical therapy centers, four express clinics, central laboratory, extensivist clinic, and sleep services center. Summit provides healthcare services to more than 280,000 patients, averaging over one million encounters annually. For more information, visit www.summitmedical.com
In addition to our commitment to the health of our community, our organization is also committed to the health of our employees through our employee Wellness Program. Employees receive a discounted monthly insurance premium if they actively participate in the wellness program. Furthermore, Summit Medical Group hires only non-tobacco users. Pre-employment drug testing will include testing for nicotine, and only candidates who pass the drug test will be considered eligible for employment.
About Our Career Opportunity
Seymour Family Physicians, a division of Summit Medical Group, is seeking a Certified Medical Assistant- Front Office to join their practice. This is a Full time opportunity, working Monday-Friday.
Responsibilities: (List does not include all duties assigned)
1) Answers phone calls, takes messages, duplicates documents and assists with other clerical duties, as requested.
2) Retrieves and triages patient communication both via telephone and faxed documents in a timely manner following local protocols.
3) Pulls charts for scanning into EMR system.
4) Performs actual scanning of documents with a high degree of accuracy and at a satisfactory pace.
5) Files charts in a timely manner
6) Assist with Check-in, check-out, patient registration on an as needed basis
7) Performs laboratory functions on an as needed basis including
a. Collects and processes blood and other specimens according to established guidelines
b. Performs venipunctures on patients as appropriate
c. Identifies and labels specimens in an accurate and timely manner
d. Conducts designated laboratory testing and quality control measures
8) Measures and records vital signs and other health indicator measurements for both adult and pediatric patients
9) Conducts and records patient interview to include history and chief complaint, and past medical & surgical history as directed
10) Provides patient education with regards to office policies, medications, management of disease, home treatments and special diets.
11) Assists physician with exams and minor office surgery.
12) Performs EKGs.
13) Prepares and administers medications with physician’s authorizations
14) Coordinates patient care activities to include referrals, pre-certification, and prior authorizations.
15) Contacts patients regarding test results, medication issues, or for other healthcare related reasons as directed
16) Maintains supplies, equipment, stock, and sterilizes instruments.
17) Performs accurate, legal, and ethical documentation at all times
18) Adheres to established company policies and procedures, and follows state and federal regulations, including OSHA and HIPAA guidelines.
19) Actively participates in site-level Quality Improvement Activities. Each employee will contribute to the continual evaluation site performance as well as the implementation and measurement of improvement activities that increase the quality of care provided to patients.
20) Maintains strictest confidentiality, both internally and external.
Education: Vocational education or college credits applicable to position.
Experience: At least 2 years clinical experience required. Computer skills and knowledge of ICD-10 and CPT codes are also required.
Certification/License: Registered Medical Assistant certification required.
Job ID: 2021-2375
External Company Name: Summit Medical Group, P.L.L.C.
Street: 11657 Chapman Highway