We Are Hiring
Senior Financial Analyst - MWF AIS - Full-Time, Days - 11775 Woodlands - St. Louis, MO
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
Ascension includes approximately 156,000 associates and 34,000 aligned providers. The national health system operates more than 2,600 sites of care - including 151 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities - in 21 states and the District of Columbia, while providing a variety of services including physician practice management, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, clinical care management, information services, risk management, and contracting through Ascension's own group purchasing organization.
What You Will Do
As aSenior Financial Analyst with Ascension, this position reports to the Team Lead ofAscension Technologies Finance, and has primary accountability for providing support related to the financial reporting, analyses, and accounting activities of Ascension Technologies. Primary job duties include: assisting in month end close; developing or assisting with the creation of the annual operating budgets; developing or assisting with the creation of project budgets (capital and operating); conducting appropriate financial analyses on proposed or other initiatives.
- Conduct monthly variance analyses on project and operating budgets and assist in determining action plans as necessary. Reviews variances with leadership.
- Complete month-end tasks, account variance analyses, and financial reporting for management.
- Maintain financial reports for forecasting and trending. Work with budget owners to ensure accuracy and update forecasts as appropriate.
- Assist in the development of annual capital and operating budgets, including the distribution and compilation of budget templates, and participating on the annual operating budget calls.
- Conduct or assist with ROI/NPV analyses as necessary.
- Perform cost benefit analysis related to projects and/or programs.
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required
- Bachelor's in Accounting or Finance preferred
- CPA or MBA highly preferred
- 5 years of accounting or financial analysis experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascensionis an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascensionparticipates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)