We Are Hiring
Senior Financial Analyst
4040 Vincennes Circle - Indianapolis, IN 46268
Centralized Market Accounting Team
Seeking Healthcare Accounting Professionals to serve our hospitals and medical groups across the nation.
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
Ascension includes approximately 156,000 associates and 34,000 aligned providers. The national health system operates more than 2,600 sites of care - including 151 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities - in 21 states and the District of Columbia, while providing a variety of services including physician practice management, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, clinical care management, information services, risk management, and contracting through Ascension's own group purchasing organization.
What You Will Do
As a Financial Analyst with Ascension System Office, you will support the preparation of GAAP financial statements and contribute to the timely completion and analysis of financial results and accounting transactions, participate in an efficient close process, and understand the internal and external requirements to ensure accurate reporting.
- Assist Managers and Directors in day-to-day accounting operational tasks
- Performs monthly, quarterly, and annual close processes for designated entities
- Understand and document budget to actual and trended to actual variances
- Prepare and review complex journal entries and account analyses timely and accurately, ensuring detailed supporting documentation is maintained
- Prepare and review complex account reconciliations and conduct follow up on aged reconciling items
- Assists in quarterly Hard Close procedures and prepares appropriate schedules
- Analyze financial reports and records, making recommendations or seeking solutions for accounting problems before presenting issues for escalation
- Review, research, and recommend improvements to analysis, reporting, and compliance issues and understand the financial implications thereof
What You Will Need
- High School Diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
- MBA and/or CPA preferred
- Four or more years of relevant experience in accounting preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascensionis an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascensionparticipates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)