Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
On the Facebook Reality Labs team, we are inventing the future. We are a team of Engineers, Designers and Researchers creating human-computer interaction products. As a UX Researcher on the Facebook Reality Labs team, you will plan, execute, and evangelize user-focused research that contributes to the strategy, product definition, and design of AR/VR technologies and intelligent assistant interfaces.Our Facebook Reality Labs team is looking for an experienced UX researcher with great communication and people skills. Strong candidates will demonstrate a rigorous approach to qualitative and quantitative UX research methods and a passion for the future of consumer technology. Additional skills include the ability to think tactically and strategically about user needs and product design and strength building connections and relationships with a variety of internal and external partners. In particular, we value researchers with experience translating user feedback into meaningful insights and the capability to turn those insights into actionable product recommendations.
1. Development of deep expertise in the intelligent assistant space, through consumption of relevant external and internal literature, market and competitive trends, and new, primary research
2. Work closely with product teams to identify research questions and prioritize projects in short and long term
3. Conduct research using a wide variety of qualitative and some quantitative methods to create actionable insights across the product development lifecycle, including UX testing of early prototypes, such as usability, 1:1 and group interviews, and surveys
4. Work closely with partner teams (product design, engineering, product management, analytics) to understand their goals
5. Synthesize insights in a compelling, creative, and actionable way that cuts to the chase of the underlying user issues
6. Effectively communicate with and present findings to a variety of audiences from product teams to executive leadership
7. Develop UX metrics to ensure quality and benchmarking of future AR/VR products. Share best practices & new techniques with the broader UX Research team
8. Collaborate with other researchers on research methods and priorities
9. Master in Cognitive Science, Human Computer Interaction, Psychology, or Social Science
10. Experience conducting product UX research
11. Experience with quantitative research or qualitative research
12. Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Cognitive Science, Human Computer Interaction, Psychology, or Social Science
13. Experience combining qualitative and quantitative user data into cohesive insights
14. Experience in experimental design and familiarity with statistical software packages (SPSS, R, etc.)
**Equal Opportunity:** Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.