Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Technical Program Manager (TPM) intern to join our Product team. As a TPM intern, you will play a key role within software engineering by driving huge cross-team software programs that span our organization. TPM interns will work on large-scale engineering efforts by overseeing engineering programs from beginning to end, ensuring an optimal workflow and effective communication. We are looking for someone who is passionate about building products, can generate new ideas and improvements, and can work with engineering teams in solving complex problems through software. Facebook’s products are constantly redefining what is possible, and we need program managers that can do the same. This full-time internship position is based in Menlo Park or Seattle and will report to the Group Technical Program Manager.
1. Articulate the technology, requirements, goals and milestones of your team
2. Determine who your customers are and communicate technical requirements to teams you depend on
3. Identify product needs in technically complex areas, scope the requirements and partner with engineering to lay out the roadmap
4. Ability to work with others on cross-functional software engineering projects that cover a range of areas
5. Work with Engineering, Product Management, and other cross-functional teams on project execution
6. Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining, a Bachelor's or Master's degree
7. Knowledge in technical architecture of scalable web applications and/or media products
8. Communication experience and experience working with teams on technical projects
9. Interpersonal experience, including relationship building and collaboration within cross-functional team
10. Analytical experience
11. Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
12. Product/Program/Project management experience
13. Intent to return to degree-program after the completion of the internship/co-op
**Equal Opportunity:** Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.