Meta Reality Labs is building software for all realities - Augmented or Virtual. Our team is expanding and we’re looking for an experienced Technical Program Manager (TPM) who will play a key role in defining and driving highly complex, cross-functional Audio features. We are looking for a seasoned TPM with a proven track record of developing and delivering technology platforms. This role will have the opportunity to work closely with world-class development teams and leaders across the organization to bring together multiple technologies, delivering trustworthy experiences into Meta products (such as Quest, Portal, Instagram, Messenger etc.). Our teams work on technologies that span across OS, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Speech & user facing software to create experiences that millions of our customers love.
Technical Program Manager (Audio) Responsibilities:
1. Develop and manage cross-functional programs, facilitating relationships across multiple teams to identify risks, manage dependencies and optimize resources.
2. Drive visibility, accountability, and execution across their areas of software development for the organization.
3. Understand technology stack and roadmap, technical challenges, business needs, and develop a plan for mitigating risks and delivering features that delight our customers.
4. Work cross-functionally to develop best practices and product development processes in a quickly-changing and dynamic environment, drive impact through deployment of key initiatives and garner adoption of those processes.
5. Establish expertise in an area, becoming the go-to escalation point for execution, leader for driving visibility across the program, and orchestrator for managing the integration across your program area.
6. Drive technical excellence within the team, coordinating and contributing to engineering deliverables including architectural diagrams, specifications, launch criteria, and test plans.
7. Provide hands-on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post implementation phases.
8. B.S. in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or equivalent experience.
9. 5+ years of software engineering, systems engineering, hardware engineering, or technical product/program management experience.
10. Experience delivering technical programs or products from inception to delivery.
11. Analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving experience with large-scale systems.
12. Experience operating autonomously across multi-disciplinary teams, demonstrating thought leadership.
13. Proven communicator who can translate high-level goals into tangible action plans, and vice-versa & expertise communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
14. Experience leading execution across highly ambiguous, complex products and programs, with experience making technical and product tradeoffs balancing business needs and technical constraints.
15. Experience managing a technology area across multiple generations
**Equal Opportunity:** Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.