The Meta Product Technical Program Management (TPM) community is pioneering technologies to bring people (and businesses) closer together at a global scale. Product TPMs work at the cross-section between technical execution and business strategy and are expected to partner closely with Engineering and Product teams. Being a TPM at Meta means driving impact by delivering measurable results across a wide range of areas. You'll be responsible for defining and guiding high-level goals and roadmaps, monitoring and communicating progress, and defining functional requirements for new products and features. It also means having a strong technical background, understanding system architecture, and the experience to effectively collaborate across functions and organizations to deliver impact.You will be leading technical strategy and execution on the company-wide platforms and services that are used across Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram, Messenger, and Oculus. Teams span across Ads, Business Integrity, Monetization, Commerce, Business Messaging, Privacy, Social Impact, Central Integrity, Growth, Central Metrics, Internationalization, Facebook Home, Marketplace, Watch, Groups, Stories, Search, Product Foundation, Instagram and more. This posting represents different full-time roles across the company.
Product Technical Program Manager, AI/ML Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for building, managing, and setting direction for teams as a whole as well as for individual team members’ success.
2. You will be responsible for identifying and solving systemic, organizational-wide problems, influencing, and building strong relationships. Partners include Product Management and Engineering to define needs to support strategic planning and execution as well as metrics, program requirements and scope.
3. Viewed as the cross-functional partner you will lead technical discussions and be a thought leader during product reviews and be responsible for designing and executing process and strategy frameworks that facilitate product-related goal setting, decision making and business impact.
4. Articulate to stakeholders your team’s technology vision, requirements, goals and milestones and develop collaboration across teams and functions.
5. Integrate your technical knowledge, subject matter expertise and understanding trends to make sound decisions and influence business direction through data-driven analysis.
6. Develop and manage end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time delivery.
7. Provide hands-on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post implementation phases.
8. Perform risk and change management on projects.
9. Influence program/product direction and simplify complexity.
10. Own the execution of or applying machine learning (ML)/artificial intelligence technologies such as computer vision, NLP, speech/audio, or personalization.
11. B.S. in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or equivalent experience.
12. 12+ years of software engineering, systems engineering, hardware engineering, or technical product/program management experience.
13. Experience delivering tech programs or products from inception to delivery.
14. Knowledge of user needs, gathering requirements, and defining scope.
15. Experience communicating and translating non-technical to technical (and vice versa) requirements and discussions to internal and external teams (including public-facing communication).
16. Experience describing features and/or system details and communicating technical information effectively.
17. Experience tracking industry and market trends to assess new and external technologies/products to solve problems and demonstrated thought leadership.
18. Communication experience and experience working with technical management teams to develop systems, solutions, and products.
19. Organizational, coordination and multi-tasking experience.
20. Analytical and problem-solving experience.
21. Experience establishing work relationships across multi-disciplinary teams and multiple partners in different time zones.
22. Experience developing or working directly on various aspects of large-scale ML/AI platforms such as dataset generation, feature development, model testing and resource management to support the development of AI-powered product experiences such as NLP, computer-vision, ranking and personalization.
**Equal Opportunity:** Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.