Software Engineer - DNAC Assurance
Cisco is transforming the networking industry. Intent-based networking is the difference between a network that needs continuous attention and one that simply understands what you need and makes it happen. It’s the difference between doing thousands of tasks manually and having an automated system that helps you focus on business goals. Cisco DNA is the open, software-driven platform that turns that vision into reality. Virtualization, automation, analytics, and cloud, all in one architecture.
Who We are Looking For
To make this happen, we are heavily investing in team responsible for The Network. Intuitive. This team builds on streaming analytics, automation, works on frameworks like micro services, Java, GoLang, NoSQL DB, Graph Databases, Kafka, Docker, Kubernetes, Apache Beam, Flink etc., Good Knowledge and usage of API layer technologies
What You’ll Do
Cisco DNA Assurance team is looking for a hands-on Software Engineer to join feature engineering team, to design, develop and test object-oriented software.
You will design, develop, test, document and deliver software in one or more areas of infrastructure, back-end or front-end, to satisfy product requirements.
Work with various multi-functional teams such as platform infrastructure, system test, DevOps and other feature teams as well as product management. You will also participate in technical discussions and provide creative solutions.
What Technology skill you should have
* * Experience in usage of Restful Webservices.
* * Deep understanding of distributed systems architecture and design.
* * You have strong understanding of concurrency concepts and multi-threading.
* * You have experience in engineering problems around scalability and resiliency
* * Experience and Knowledge of microservices based architectures using containers.
Who You Are
* * Prior experience developing networking products and knowledge of networking is a plus.
* * You have the ability to do hands-on development with strong design and coding practices.
* * Ability to quickly learn new technologies, have good problem solving and analytic skills.
* * You are a self-starter, able to plan own work with minimal supervision and comfortable working in an Agile environment.
* * Good verbal, writing skills and strong collaboration skills, and can work well in small and large group environments.
* * You have a BS/MS degree in EE/CS with 6-10 years of experience. You also have worked on multiple engineering products, in software development roles.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference. Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
* We connect everything - people, process, data and things - and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
* We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more - from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
* We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.