Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
As an Insights Strategist for the Community Lab, you will be responsible for developing & advancing a rich and holistic framework for interpreting and understanding the ways in which people use and engage with Instagram. This expertise will be built upon the Lab’s sophisticated community-, creator- and media-level data & tooling, but also draw upon market research, news and a deep understanding of online & offline culture. The ultimate output of this framework is to be a thought partner in the development, launch and marketing of new products, features and experiences.
Insights Strategists are involved at every stage of the product and/or campaign development and go-to-market life cycle, with methodologies and deliverables taking many different shapes and sizes. As such, success in the Insights Strategist role first requires critical thinking — the ability to quickly understand and frame a problem or question posed by a partner team, and develop a point of view on how to address it. Second, an Insights Strategist must be an effective storyteller, able to query, analyze, synthesize and contextualize data, and then weave in market research and a deep familiarity with broader culture to build a complete and coherent narrative. Day-to-day stakeholders include marketing managers, data analysts, UX researchers, product managers, content strategists, and policy managers.
1. Coordinate media insights and content strategy across key stakeholder teams, including: product management
2. data science
3. consumer, creator & brand marketing
4. creative experiences
5. and, market research.
6. Interest communities: Provide insights into content production, engagement and participation as they relate to interest communities
7. develop strategy that synthesizes interest insights and product vision.
8. Creators: Coordinate & synthesize creator-level insights, to inform content and creative strategy, partnering closely with the partnerships and creative experiences team. Establish programs to identify and cultivate new & emerging talent.
9. Media: Develop models of understanding content trends that inform the development and marketing of product experiences, content sourcing & ranking, and marketing creative strategy. Conduct and/or coordinate content audits to ensure alignment with brand guidelines & principles. Develop programs for ongoing monitoring of content-level creative trends.
10. Through rigorous insights methods, ensure market resonance and brand connection for key projects & deliverables.
11. 4+ years experience in Product Marketing, Market Research, Production, Creative Strategy or related fields
12. Experience with SQL
13. Experience operating independently and with a diversity of stakeholders, and tracking and prioritizing multiple work streams simultaneously
14. Experience with monitoring, analyzing, and synthesizing findings for specific audiences
15. Experience developing frameworks & strategy, whereby observations are contextualized and then woven in actionable insights and programs that support partner teams
16. Experience delivering insights & strategy within time and resources constraints, through application of resourceful, innovative and/or imaginative approaches to problem solving
17. Experience with media, e.g. digital publications, creative agencies, etc.
18. Experience working in a data-drive technology environment
**Equal Opportunity:** Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.