San Diego Hotel
With miles of sandy beaches and a year-round average 70-degree temperature, there is no better place to live and work than sunny San Diego! Within this seaside paradise lies the newly renovated, four-star, Omni San Diego Hotel; a place dedicated to providing a superior experience for both associates and guests.
Omni San Diego's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. The Omni San Diego Hotel's commitment to serve our associates and nurture their growth has led to the company's highest rating in associate satisfaction and an impressive internal promotion rate. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni San Diego Hotel may be your perfect match.
This position is for someone who wishes to make Hospitality their career. The Leader in Development (LID) program is a Management Training Program directed to entry level candidates with a Bachelor's Degree to develop their management skills by training them in all aspects of Housekeeping and Rooms Division operations. The person selected w ill spend a portion of their time working in other departments of the hotel or resort. This position is intended to last for 12 months and candidates must be able to relocate upon completion of the program.
Omni Hotels &Resorts is a Top 100 Places to Work on Glassdoor and provides many exciting benefits to associates. The benefits include free lunch daily, discounted Padres tickets, regular associate events and outings, full medical, dental, vision, 401k match, and more!
- To effectively perform job functions of various front office, ideal services, guest services, reservations and housekeeping positions.
- To complete LID learning contracts and perform assigned management functions to aid in management development initiatives
- Will learn and perform all aspects of Front Office/ Housekeeping operations
- Oversees the performance of staff and takes corrective actions when necessary
- Scheduling of staff
- Maintains accurate payroll records to ensure staff is paid correctly
- To be thoroughly acquainted with all front desk procedures to include check-in/check-out, cash handling, parking validation, folio adjustments, payment procedures, room blocking, AM/PM checklist, etc
- Be familiar with all hotel rate plans and rate codes, understanding rate strategy when making rate changes for guests
- Be actively engaged with our guests and hotel associates, demonstrating and rewarding Power of One behaviors
- Cleaning and inspecting guest rooms
- Responds to guest requests and complaints as required
- Monitors product inventory and order additional products as necessary
- Ensures that all front office/ housekeeping operations are performed according to Omni Hotels standards
- Maintain Four Diamond Standards of guest service
- Complete other duties as assigned
- A Bachelor's degree is required, preferably in Hospitality Management
- Candidates must be available to relocate after completion of the program (approximately 12 months)
- Prior guest service experience is required; Housekeeping or Rooms division hospitality experience is preferred
- Must be able to work up to 47.5 hours per week, with a flexible schedule to include nights, weekends and holidays
* Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link in the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
* If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org