San Diego Hotel
With miles of sandy beaches and a year-round average 70-degree temperature, there is no better place to live and work than sunny San Diego! Within this seaside paradise lies the newly renovated, four-star, Omni San Diego Hotel; a place dedicated to providing a superior experience for both associates and guests.
Omni San Diego's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. The Omni San Diego Hotel's commitment to serve our associates and nurture their growth has led to the company's highest rating in associate satisfaction and an impressive internal promotion rate. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni San Diego Hotel may be your perfect match.
The Ideal Services Agent provides prompt, courteous and efficient service to both associates and guests. The services he/she delivers usually fall under three categories: information assistance, dispatching hotel personnel to complete assignments or trouble-shooting issues/complaints. This vital guest service position delivers exemplary service primarily over the phone, but also, utilizes other technology to log, assign and ensure the completion of requests. He/she also assists with emergencies (fire, medical, power/system failure).
- Respond to all incoming calls according to standard telephone policies and procedures, utilizing Omni guidelines for phone etiquette and appropriate verbiage.
- Provide clear and pleasant telephone communication in English with proper grammar.
- Ascertain caller's needs and comply with such to ensure callers' satisfaction.
- Accommodate all requests in a congenial and professional manner.
- Route callers to requested guest or the correct hotel personnel/department promptly.
- Follow Omni standards for transferring calls and placing callers on hold.
- Monitor busy lines; utilizing established procedures for checking back with callers on hold to update status and offering to take a message.
- Accept, record, and deliver wake-up calls accurately and a timely manner according to Omni standards.
- Remain calm in emergency situations, and effectively serve as the central communication center relaying relevant information to appropriate parties.
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality of all calls and guest room numbers.
- Utilize effective and professional radio and paging etiquette according to Omni Standards.
- Assist callers with credit card, calling card, overseas, and person-to-person calls as needed.
- Handle billing questions and resolve billing issues within the parameters identified by the Front Office Management team.
- Assist with Front Office functions, as needed.
- Allocate designated surcharges, long distance, and operator assisted charges to correct guest room billing.
- Monitor telephone system problems and maintain a log.
- Handle guest complaints/upset callers by following the principles of our "Power of One" and "Power of Engagement" systems to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Document of the Prompt Response to all guest complaints or problems immediately and notify designated department/personnel for resolving the situation. Follow up to ensure completion and guest satisfaction.
- Other duties as assisgned.
- Ability to clearly and pleasantly communicate in English both verbally and in writing with guests/visitors, management and coworkers to their understanding, both in person and by telephone is required.
- Ability and willingness to work a variety of shifts that may include: nights, weekends, holidays and overnight shifts.
- Knowledge of computers and telephone operations is required.
- Fluency in a foreign language is preferred.
- Ability to process incoming/outgoing calls quickly is necessary.
- Previous customer service is required, preferably in an upscale setting.
- Previous guest relations training preferred.
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Ability to compute accurate mathematical calculations is necessary.
- Ability to multi-task is essential.
- Ability to remain in stationary position for extended periods of time with limited movement is required.
* Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link in the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
* If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org