Mokara Hotel and Spa
The Mokara Hotel & Spa, a relaxing retreat on San Antonio's world-famous Riverwalk is just steps from all the action yet worlds away. Mokara has a long-standing history of excellence. As the only four-star hotel in San Antonio, Mokara is the first choice for sophisticated travelers. Be a part of an attentive staff by making our guest stays a memorable one.
The Mokara Hotel & Spa's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Mokara Hotel & Spa may be your perfect match.
To properly take all guests' R/S orders, communicate them to other servers and work to expedite their service. To properly perform all control and revenue related paperwork.
- Must follow all MOS or Forbes standards
- Responsible for answering the phone within three rings
- Take orders for guests and using last names at least three times during interaction
- Knowledge on ways to upsell/suggestive sell
- Inform the guest about specials in restaurant
- Give the approximate time of delivery for the order
- Prepare payment of checks
- Knowledge of food menu and wine list and daily specials
- Know and adhere to al liability laws
- Print and distribute hotel reports
- Charge all amenities and coffee orders according to SOP
- Complete other duties assigned
- Attend all designated staff meetings and training sessions
- Assist server with set up and breakdown of trays when available
- Communicate amenity issues to manager/concierge when necessary
- Previous food and beverage experience in fine dining or hotel is preferred
- Room Service experience is preferred
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays
- TABC and Food Handler certifications are required
- Cash handling experience preferred
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to email@example.com .