Mokara Hotel and Spa
The Mokara Hotel & Spa, a relaxing retreat on San Antonio's world-famous Riverwalk is just steps from all the action yet worlds away. Mokara has a long-standing history of excellence. As the only four-star hotel in San Antonio, Mokara is the first choice for sophisticated travelers. Be a part of an attentive staff by making our guest stays a memorable one.
The Mokara Hotel & Spa's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Mokara Hotel & Spa may be your perfect match.
To wait on tables promptly, courteously and to serve the guest in any way possible.
- Greet guests when entering the restaurant with a pleasant smile and superior customer service
- Must have full familiarity with menus and full knowledge of beverage offerings
- Polish and clean water glasses in assigned station before opening hours
- Maintain tabletop standards and ensure salt, pepper, and sugar caddies are full at all times
- Take orders and answer questions/offer suggestions on menu selections
- Communicate with culinary team regarding meal requirements, allergies, dietary needs and special requests
- Record transaction in MICROS system at time of order
- Check in with guests to ensure satisfaction with each food course and/or beverage
- Present accurate check to guest and process payment
- Maintain cleanliness of work areas throughout the day
- Clean and set up tables
- Complete closing duties
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- 1 year serving experience with a quality establishment
- TABC and Food Handler certifications are required
- Must become WineQuest certified
- Previous cash handling experience preferred
- Must be able to lift at least 20 lbs
- Must be able to stand and walk for an extended period of time or for an entire shift
- Must be able to work flexible shifts including nights, weekends, and holidays
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .