Mokara Hotel and Spa
The Mokara Hotel & Spa, a relaxing retreat on San Antonio's world-famous Riverwalk is just steps from all the action yet worlds away. Mokara has a long-standing history of excellence. As the only four-star hotel in San Antonio, Mokara is the first choice for sophisticated travelers. Be a part of an attentive staff by making our guest stays a memorable one.
The Mokara Hotel & Spa's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Mokara Hotel & Spa may be your perfect match.
To be able to perform all of the Supervisor duties and be in charge of the department in absence of Kitchen Supervisor.
- Master all the stations in the kitchen including AM and PM.
- Prepare closing paperwork and performs duties in absence of Kitchen Supervisor
- Supervises all culinary stations
- Control quality and consistency of all food served
- Ensure station is set for service 15 minutes prior to service
- Ensure all food supplies necessary for service are in appropriate supply on a timely basis
- Assist in controlling food cost
- Required to learn all menu items produced by assigned station
- Display basic knife skills
- Minimum of 3 years of hotel and or resort experience in fast paced, culinary environment
- Ability to multi-task
- Must be able to stand for 8+ hours per day
- Flexible Scheduling to include nights, weekends, and holidays
- Must have an unexpired Food Handlers' certification