The Meta Product TPM community is pioneering technologies to bring people closer together and our organization shares in the responsibility of doing it at global scale. As a Group Manager of Product Technical Program Management, you will be responsible for breaking complex initiatives down into prioritized and tangible programs, ensuring consistent flow of information and investment to key stakeholders.You will also be responsible for identifying and managing dependencies across the organization, finding long-term solutions to achieve high quality results for the initiatives. As a subject-matter expert, you will be responsible for driving and helping to scale product usage, seek to understand team dynamics, product ecosystem, and technical landscape while keeping the focus and accountability on delivery to ensure teams are making progress towards goals. You will be leading teams to drive strategy and execution in product areas, such as Facebook App, Instagram, Ads & Business Products, Central Product Platform, Commerce Platform, Integrity, and Privacy as well as product platform areas that have specialized technical expertise, such as machine learning, ranking, APIs, and scaled infrastructure.We are looking for experienced technical leaders who can lead teams in complex, multi-platform development efforts at consumer scale while maintaining clarity of product vision and organizational awareness. This posting represents different full-time roles across the company, including Facebook App, Instagram, Ads & Business Products, and other product areas.
Group Manager, Product Technical Program Management Responsibilities:
1. Build, manage, and set direction for teams as a whole as well as for individual team member success.
2. Identify and solve systemic, organizational-wide problems, influence, and build strong relationships. Partner with Product Management and Engineering to define needs to support strategic planning and execution as well as metrics, program requirements, and scope.
3. As a cross-functional partner, lead technical discussions and be a thought leader during product reviews and be responsible for designing and executing process and strategy frameworks that facilitate product-related goal setting, decision making, and business impact.
4. Articulate to stakeholders your team’s technology requirements, goals, and milestones.
5. Integrate your technical knowledge, subject-matter expertise, and understanding of trends to make sound decisions and influence business direction through data-driven analysis.
6. Develop and manage end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time delivery.
7. Provide hands-on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post-implementation phases.
8. Perform risk and change management on projects.
9. Influence program/product direction and simplify complexity.
10. B.S. in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or equivalent experience.
11. 12+ years of software industry experience, including systems engineering, hardware engineering, or technical product/program management experience.
12. 7+ years of people management experience leading teams to deliver technical programs or products from inception to delivery.
13. Experience communicating and representing work to senior leadership and framing discussions to gain valuable feedback and experience working with technical management teams to develop systems, solutions, and products.
14. Analytical and problem-solving experience with large-scale systems.
15. Experience establishing and leading teams through multi-disciplinary relationships, including product management and engineering to drive product impact.
16. Experience with organizational design and building teams for scale.
17. Experience managing managers.
$193,000/year to $259,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits
Meta is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. You may view our Equal Employment Opportunity notice here. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. We may use your information to maintain the safety and security of Meta, its employees, and others as required or permitted by law. You may view Meta's Pay Transparency Policy, Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notice, and Notice to Applicants for Employment and Employees by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Meta participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law