US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION: Yes
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE: Relocation assistance may be available
CLEARANCE TYPE: Secret
TRAVEL: Yes, 10% of the Time
Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world’s biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you’ll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman is seeking a **Mechanical Engineer Manager 1** in support of the CLT Launch Equipment Interconnects and Signal Distribution design and integration activities. This position will be with our Northrop Grumman Space Systems sector located in **Roy, UT** .
What You'll get to Do:
The selected candidate will be responsible for development, production and deployment of Launch Equipment hardware and systems for each weapon system facility.
Researches, plans, designs and develops mechanical products and systems such as instruments, controls, robots, engines, machines and mechanical, thermal hydraulic or heat transfer systems for production, transmission, measurement, and use of energy. Applies research to the planning, design, development, and testing of mechanical and/or electromechanical systems, instruments, controls, engines, and/or machines.
**Roles & Responsibilities:**
• Developing innovative solutions and elaborating on design concepts
• Determining the technical principles involved, identifying the design path forward and engineering characteristics to ensure consistency with the specifications and requirements
• Generate documentation and brief effectively and clearly to multiple program boards and leadership
• Support all phases of the systems lifecycle including design, drawings, fabrication, test, installation, operation, and maintenance
• Interface directly with the USAF customer regarding cost, schedule, and technical status/progress
• Ability to manage customer expectations and maintain consistent scope of work
• Provide clear directives and oversight to suppliers
• Reward and foster culture for employees to learn and grow
• N6Report to functional and program management hierarchy
• Ability to prioritize critical activities and plan/communicate these priorities to contractors and team members
• Plan and arrange the labor and schedules required to maintain on-time/ on-budget delivery of CDRL products
• Support the management of requirements and spec tree developments as well as direct system performance analyses
• Position may require travel 10% of the time
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This positions standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off. This role may offer a competitive relocation assistance package.
• Bachelor’s degree in STEM - Science, Technology, Engineer, Math or related area (Mechanical Engineering or Degrees with a focus in Structural Analysis highly preferred) with at least 1 year experience leading a project as a technical lead and/or driving performance against schedule for program execution
• Experience with Earned Value Management System (EVMS)
• Experience in NX Modeling
• Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance
• Exposure to missile programs and/or ICBM MMIII Legacy Systems
• Experience with ABAQUS, FEMAP, and ANSYS tools
• Proficient writer and able to verbally communicate technical content
• Experience with programming languages such as MATLAB
• Experience with Team Center (CPLM) and the Product Definition Package (PDP) release process
• Proficient with Earned Value Management System (EVMS)
• Experience with requirements management and model-based systems engineering principles
• Experience in NX, DOORS, CAMEO, Jira and Confluence
• A current DoD Secret clearance granted or re-investigated within last 6 years
Salary Range: $93,800.00 - $140,800.00
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
**The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority** . The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/ .
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
We are a pioneering company.
With careers across all areas: air, cyber, land, sea and space – our 90,000 employees work as one to defend and define the future. Northrop Grumman careers and internships are as varied as your interests, with a lifetime of potential that will give you every opportunity to do your best work. Working together with people from many backgrounds, personal passions and disciplines, we share a drive to push the boundaries of science, technology and engineering to meet the ever evolving needs of our customers worldwide.