US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION: Yes
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE: Relocation assistance may be available
CLEARANCE TYPE: Secret
TRAVEL: Yes, 25% of the Time
Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world’s biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you’ll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking multiple **Software** **Engineering Department Manager 3** for the Strategic Deterrent Systems (SDS) division Software Engineering organization. This leadership position can be located in **Huntsville, AL, Roy, UT, or Colorado Springs, CO.**
**What You’ll Get To Do:**
The selected candidate will be responsible for a department within the Software Engineering organization and will report directly to the SDS Software Engineering Director. The selected candidate will set operating objectives and provide mentorship to Functional Home Room (FHR) Section Managers (SMs) based on Engineering goals, objectives, and company policy. Provide oversight and assistance to multiple programs within the Division portfolio (Sentinel/GBSD, ICBM Sustainment and Advanced Programs); to provide the people, skills, and processes for successful achievement of program goals.
As the Department Manager the selected candidate will be responsible for managing planning, risk, project performance, addressing schedule, technical quality, and addressing technical or operational problems when necessary. Will assist engineers and program staff to develop and maintain talent within the organization. Have frequent contact with equivalent level managers and programs to maintain and exceed health and performance for all programs. The selected candidate will be a systems thinker with a track record of working across the organization to influence positive change aligning to business strategies.
The successful candidate will lead a team of software engineers ranging across one or more of the following engineering sub-disciplines: software developers, software/data analysts, automated test developers, software cybersecurity, software configuration managers and network analysts.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Excellent communication, mentoring, interpersonal skills, and the ability to collaborate with senior management, peers, and employees.
• Provides ownership for the people, processes, and tools that support business areas and programs in achieving their missions.
• Accountability for recruiting, staffing and retaining talent to deliver on the objectives.
• Supporting proposal work, independent technical reviews, program standup and audits, and special assignments on an as needed basis.
• Owning and leading improvements across employee engagement, hiring, development, training, attraction, and retention of top talent.
• Mentor, develop, and train your section managers, and overall employee base.
• Reviews and analyzes released engineering change data and coordinates changes with engineering, quality, support, manufacturing, and engineering data control activities.
• Instill process excellence, communications, training, certifications and continuous improvement across the organization.
• Interpret, execute, and recommend modifications to organizational policies.
• Lead or Manage Special Projects.
• Act as an advisor to staff members to meet schedules or resolve technical or operational problems.
• Familiarity with Agile engineering and Jira
Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions. Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software. Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems. Ensures software standards are met.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This positions standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off. This role may offer a competitive relocation assistance package.
• Bachelors degree and 8 years of related experience
• 3 years of formal management experience
• Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret DoD clearance
• 3 years of experience developing in an agile environment
• Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
• Master's Degree with 9 years of experience in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) preferably an Engineering degree
• Proven performance as an Engineering Leader in all phases of acquisition, design, integration, and execution. Candidate will require ability to rapidly assess and lend guidance to projects assigned to the organizational group as well as demonstrated mentoring and guidance to engineers.
• Ability to bridge between theoretical concepts and practical implementation; performing associated trade analyses.
• Ability to communicate technical analysis to a variety of stakeholders with different backgrounds and expertise
• Working knowledge and/or experience across engineering disciplines.
• Experience on ICBMs
• Experience creating or growing new sections or departments.
• Experience managing a software engineering team
• Familiarity with Agile engineering and Jira
• Active TS Clearance. Program Access
Salary Range: $147,700.00 - $233,200.00
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
**The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority** . The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/ .
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
We are a pioneering company.
With careers across all areas: air, cyber, land, sea and space – our 90,000 employees work as one to defend and define the future. Northrop Grumman careers and internships are as varied as your interests, with a lifetime of potential that will give you every opportunity to do your best work. Working together with people from many backgrounds, personal passions and disciplines, we share a drive to push the boundaries of science, technology and engineering to meet the ever evolving needs of our customers worldwide.