Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Test/Principal Systems Test Instrumentation/Analysis Engineer to support the GBSD Guidance System Test design and development activities.
What you'll get to do:
• Design, develop, and implement testing methods and equipment.
• Ability to navigate requirements in DOORS
• Provide test area with parameters for sample testing and specifies tests to be performed.
• Compile data and define changes required in test equipment, test procedures, or new test requirements.
• Test planning, execution, reporting, and integration support
• Technical experience in network, computer hardware and software, interconnection, and interfacing technologies
• Experience working with calibration and instrumentation test equipment and design
• Collaborate with systems engineers, software engineers and lab users to ensure the lab meets test requirements
• Develop and release engineering documentation
• Perform data analysis against requirements and interfaces for each software build or hardware component
• Interface with software developers and systems engineers in support of verification
• Prepare detailed test reports and support formal verification of the system
• Product integration, regression, and verification testing including checkout in system test labs.
• Short and long term integration planning and execution of multiple concurrent baselines. This include integrating subsystem functionality into system capabilities per design with an emphasis on system stability and performance
• Participating in technical exchange meetings, interfacing with customers (internal/external) and contributing to a broad range of program deliverables.
• Knowledge of Model Based System Engineering with an understanding of DODAF and SysML
• The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
**Test Instrumentation T2 Engineer:**
- Bachelor's degree and 2 years of relevant experience; or 0 years with a Masters
**Test Instrumentation T3 Principal Engineer:**
- Bachelor's degree and 5 years of relevant experience; or 3 Years with Masters, 0 Years with PhD.
- Test Knowledge of Instrumentation hardware and test use-
- Test Knowledge of instrumentation data analysis
- Must be have a DoD Secret level security clearance with a completed investigation in the last six years
- A current DoD Secret or Top Secret/SCI level security clearance, to include a Single Scope Background Investigation, a periodic reinvestigation, or an original reinvestigation date completed within the last 6 years
- Security+ Certification
- Software and/or Hardware testing experience.
- Experience with Client/Server architecture.
- Automated Test experience (development and execution)
- Agile experience
- Model Based System Engineering with an understanding of DODAF and SysML
- Proficiency in DOORS and Cameo
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
**Job Category** : Engineering