A career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
• Developmental Finance Role on the Rocky Mount Finance Team
• Partnering with key leaders in order to understand business needs
• Monitoring business processes and developing analytical tools to track trends
• Improving internal financial processes to gain efficiency
• Prepare and enter journal entries
• Prepare account reconciliations
• Ensuring compliance with internal policies and procedures
• Compiling large amounts of data using advance Excel applications
• Operate AS400 ERP environment
• Collaborate during the implementation and consolidation of fist phase of deployment of SAP ERP system
• Level may vary on relevant experience
• Provide financial support for business and support unit leaders
• Present financial data to business partners and contribute meaningfully to conversation
• Develop and implement trend analysis and reporting processes for spending categories, financial models, and templates for analyzing investments, reporting tools for headcount, overtime, compensation and benefits and forecasting and planning tools
• Identify financial team process improvements and implement changes
• Be a key member of the financial reporting team to ensure all deliverables are met
• Assist the financial team in being compliant with all SOX controls and financial reporting policies
• Participate in strategic planning and the development of the annual operating plan and monthly forecasts
Undergraduate Degree from an Accredited University is required
Proficiency in Excel skills is required
Preferred: Degree in Accounting or Finance from accredited university
Minimum Overall GPA: 3.25
Job experience: 2-5 preferred
MBA, CPA, or CMA a plus
**Other Job Details:**
+ Last Date to Apply for Job: April 16, 2021
+ Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
**EEO & Employment Eligibility**
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Finance & Accounting