Our employees are what make The Homestead what it is. Since 1766, they've helped us offer guests an opportunity to enjoy Southern hospitality at its best. Located in the Allegheny Mountains of Virginia, we are a four-season resort that boasts superb restaurant dining experiences, championship golf, spa, winter sports and numerous other activities ideal for families and corporate outings.
Omni Homestead's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Homestead may be your perfect match.
The Junior Pastry Sous Chef works under the direct supervision of a executive pastry chef, assisting in the day-to-day operations of a pastry kitchen. As the Assistant Pastry Chef, you are responsible to collaborate with the head baker on daily tasks and schedules and oversee kitchen staff in the absence of the executive pastry chef. In addition to making pastries and breads, other duties include assessing inventory and supplies, maintaining safe and sanitary working conditions, helping develop recipes and menus, and/or suggesting alternative baking methods.
- Food Handlers Certification
- Previous pastry experience in a professional kitchen / bakery
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs, and stand for 8-12 hours per shift
- Previous experience working with a variety of mediums: chocolates, sugar, cakes, baked goods, breads, etc. (Advanced cake knowledge preferred)
- Modern and innovative design and plating style
- Supervisory experience (required)
- Previous experience working in a fine dining pastry kitchen (strongly preferred)
- Previous culinary or pastry experience working in a high-volume restaurant (preferred)
- Culinary Degree (preferred)
All Full-Time, Year-Round Employees of The Homestead receive medical, dental, and vision insurance options, in addition to resort-specific discounts on dining, rooms, retail, and activities. Join our team today!
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .