Location : 316 South Jefferson St., Roanoke, VA 24011
The Commercial Banking Associate supports Regional/Market Presidents, Commercial and Business Banking Relationship Manager(s), commercial customers and prospects with all functions related to commercial loans, deposit services, online banking, and treasury management services in order to leverage Relationship Managers' abilities to develop and retain profitable customer relationships. Position also encompasses coordination for deposit account opening and construction loan administration. Maintains and manages Commercial Loan Process system for RMs they support. Ensures high quality service to client base through communication, problem-resolution, and timely, accurate follow-through on behalf of the client and Relationship Manager. Coordinates and maintains positive customer and fellow employee relationships. Position would be responsible for special projects as assigned. Position may include calling efforts to support customer relationships and business development. Follows all Bank policies and procedures, compliance regulations, and completes all required and/or job-specific training.
Specific Job Functions
- Maintain electronic loan, credit, and deposit customer files.
- Coordinate deposit account opening, maintenance, online banking, etc.
- Partner with Treasury Management Sales Officer to suggest possible products, services, maintenance, questions, etc.
- Track online banking and Treasury Management routing and progress until successful implementation.Maintain on-going maintenance for customers.
- Prepare account maintenance changes to commercial loans as necessary under direction of Relationship Manager.
- Maintain Commercial Loan Process system (CLP) for prospects and applications in all milestones.Keep accurate and clean.
- Partner with credit analysis department regarding spreads and underwriting requests through CLP.
- Assist Relationship Manager with the completion of Credit Request Form in the CLP system and completion of the underwriting workbook.
- Assist Relationship Manager(s) with the review of term sheets, commitment letters, credit memos, etc. for content and accuracy.
- Assist Relationship Manager with the completion/compilation of the Credit Approval Package. Also, ensure conditions of approval are met before the loan closes.
- Coordinate preparation of loan and packages including, but not limited to: CIP Borrower and Guarantors, determine Beneficial Ownership, perform OFAC searches, obtain insurance, UCC lien searches, enter transactional data in to the origination system, obtain proper disclosures, ensure proper approval authority, order appraisals and evaluations, surveys, environmental collateral screens, etc.
- Must have a clear understanding how to review loan documents and ensure the accuracy pre-closing.
- Coordinate loan closings with Doc Prep, customers, attorneys/settlement agents, and Relationship Manager.
- Review executed loan packages for completeness and prepare for post-closing.
- Facilitate routine loan disbursements for commercial construction loans (if necessary) and lines of credit as well as other general ledger functions for Relationship Manager(s) and customers.
- Maintaining and updating BUILT for residential construction (if applicable).
- Coordinating with Residential or Commercial Construction departments when appropriate.
- Partner with PMG/CPM teams in (1) collecting financial information, (2) modifications, renewals, and annual review transactions.
- Request (either through customer or Relationship Manager) updated financial information such as tax returns, financial statements, receivables and inventory, borrowing base certificates, etc.
- Clear all documentation exceptions in a timely manner.
- Works with Relationship Manager to ensure overdraft items are worked daily.
- Pulls and distributes daily/weekly/monthly reports as necessary.
- Tracks annual reviews, renewing/maturing loans, lines of credit, and letters of credit and notifies action needed each month to Relationship Manager.
- Perform requests for research or any customer related requests or maintenance.
- Familiarity with all federal and state banking regulations pertaining to commercial lending including fair lending laws, HMDA, the Bank Secrecy Act, and the US Patriot Act.
- Successful completion of in-house training programs or other approved/assigned training for sales, service, and products.
- Prepare expense reports for supported RMs.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Adhere to all rules and regulations applicable to this position.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Previous commercial banking experience preferred.
- Completion of related courses such as Principles of Accounting, Finance, etc
- Ability to process work accurately and effectively
- Ability to multitask in a high-paced working environment
- Manage prioritization of workflow for maximum efficiency (especially when supporting multiple RMs)
- Ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner
- Above average computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Proficient math and organizational skills
- Previous banking experience
- Ability to communicate in a positive and effective manner in one-on-one and small group meetings.
- Sales/Service skills - Thorough knowledge of bank products and services, sufficient to identify and fill customer and prospect needs, conduct sales/service dialogue with customers and prospects, and/or refer to appropriate internal partners.
Physical and Mental Qualifications
- Ability to understand and use Bank policies and procedures to support positive customer interactions.
- Ability to communicate in a positive and effective manner in one-on-one and in small group meetings or presentations.
- Ability to listen to and/or convey detailed or important instructions or ideas accurately and quickly.
- Ability to think and act independently within guidelines and limitations of Bank policy and assigned personal authority.
- Priority Setting
- Time Management
- Drive for Results
- Written Communications
- Customer Focus
- Presents a professional, business-like manner and appearance.
- Effective team member with demonstrated collaboration skills.
- Focus/desire to serve customer needs and provide excellent customer service.
- Greet and assist customers in person and by telephone, fax or electronic mail.
- Meet with customers to assist with loan closings at Relationship Manager's request.
- Work as a team internally and across departments.Maintains good working relationship with branches, credit administration, loan operations, deposit operations, mortgage, and all other partner groups.
- Represents Bank in providing a complete range of customer services, explains available Bank product and service features and benefits, and gathers customer information to set up new accounts and facilitate updates or maintenance on existing accounts.
- Thorough knowledge of loan, deposit, treasury, and other related products offered to the commercial line of business
- Promotes and introduces personal/consumer Bank services to customers such as: consumer and mortgage loans, IRAs, certificates of deposit, etc.
- Refer opportunities to commercial partners: mortgage, investment, insurance, equipment finance, and SBA
- Look for sales opportunities by promoting HomeTrust's products and services within existing portfolio
- Assist with maintenance of Commercial Prospect Tool, identify possible prospects
- Conduct prospect/industry research utilizing all available tools including RMAU and CRS.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
HomeTrust Bank promotes an equal employment opportunity workplace which includes reasonable accommodation of qualified applicants and employees.
EOE/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities