We Are Hiring
Registered Nurse Manager-RN-House - Nursing Administration 002 - Full-Time, Rotating - Westport Campus - Westport, CT
Why Join Ascension?
St. Vincent's Health Services, part of Ascension, operates St. Vincent's Medical Center in Bridgeport and a number of other sites of care. Founded by the Daughters of Charity in 1903, St. Vincent's is a mission-driven organization committed to exceptional healthcare for all with special consideration for the poor and underserved.
What You Will Do
As an RN Nurse Manager - House Manager with St. Vincent's Health Services, you will have the opportunity to providenursing operations oversight of the facility during the off-shift hours to maintain continuity of care.
- Guides, directs and assists nursing personnel on the evening, night, weekend and holiday shifts.
- Provides immediate administrative and clinical leadership to unit staff and ancillary departments and coordinates hospital-wide activities as necessary to resolve problem situations as they arise.
- Interprets and implements established hospital policy with hospital staff members, patients and visitors on a regular basis.
- Serves as a conduit to leadership and administrator on call for communication, and as appropriate, for direction of critical patient, associate or operational event.
- Directs and coordinates nursing activities and support services by serving as a resource person in management situations needing immediate resolution in accordance with hospital policy.
- In partnership with the nursing management team insures that staffing resources are deployed appropriately.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- LicensedRegistered Nursecredentialed from theConnecticut Department of Public Healthobtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Bachelor's Level Degree (BSN REQUIRED)
- 3-5 years of Acute Care hospital experience
To comply with federal regulations of the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), all employees are required to complete an Employment Eligibility Verification form (I-9). This law applies to all hires includingvolunteersand students.
St.Vincent'sHealthServices participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)