Ideally located in the heart of everything that makes Richmond a unique and special destination, the Omni Richmond Hotel is known for refined Southern hospitality in an elegant and relaxing setting. Nestled within the historic and vibrant Shockoe Slip district, our guests enjoy a location adjacent to timeless architecture, restaurants, nightlife and the scenic James River. The Omni Richmond is at the very center of Richmond's financial and legislative districts, blocks from the Virginia State Capitol.
Omni Richmond's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Richmond Hotel may be your perfect match.
The main purpose of the Rooms Controller is to coordinate and organize the hotel's guest room inventory. The Rooms Controller will act as a liaison between the Housekeeping, Front Office, and Reservations department regarding the status and distribution of all guest rooms.
- To be thoroughly knowledgeable of all room types.
- To have a thorough understanding of hotel occupancy trends.
- To be familiar with the Housekeeping department's policies and procedures.
- To be familiar with the Front Office department's policies and procedures.
- To be familiar with the Reservations department's policies and procedures.
- To have extensive knowledge with all technical equipment related to the Front Office, Guest Services, Housekeeping, and Reservations departments.
- To be Familiar with all reservation special packages and procedures
- Assist with setting up special amenities and
- To be familiar with all hotel facilities.
- To be familiar with the inter-relationship between the different departments.
- To be familiar with guest scenarios
- To be familiar with general organization set-up.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to multi task
- Must be able to stand and walk for an extended period of time or for an entire shift
- Must be able to move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing up to 50lbs without assistance
- Must be able to work flexible shifts including nights, weekends, and holidays