Ideally located in the heart of everything that makes Richmond a unique and special destination, the Omni Richmond Hotel is known for refined Southern hospitality in an elegant and relaxing setting. Nestled within the historic and vibrant Shockoe Slip district, our guests enjoy a location adjacent to timeless architecture, restaurants, nightlife and the scenic James River. The Omni Richmond is at the very center of Richmond's financial and legislative districts, blocks from the Virginia State Capitol.
Omni Richmond's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Richmond Hotel may be your perfect match.
The Assistant Front Office Manager at the Omni Richmond provides supervision of the Front Office team as Manager on Duty, this inlcudes staff in guest services, ideal services (PBX) and front desk.
- Assist in guest check-in and check-out as needed.
- Attend meetings as assigned (stand-up, staff, etc.) and ensure that all relevant information is communicated to the Front Office team accurately and promptly.
- Conduct pre-shift meetings daily.
- Ensure registration cards are completed.
- Ensure all needed reports are run regularly.
- Assist in the training of all Front Office Associates.
- Communicate effectively with all department managers and staff to ensure that guest needs are met.
- Handle all guest complaints and issues win a timely manner.
- Maintain a high level of competence with all front office computer systems.
- Assist in training and trouble shooting of all front office computer systems as required.
- Complete weekly supply inventories to ensure adequate pars.
- Block/assign applicable arrivals for the following day.
- Complete check-out with balance report.
- Complete credit check daily.
- Adhere to all systems and controls of the Front Office.
- Assure knowledge and training of Marketing Programs of company and hotel.
- Ability to work a varied schedule that will include nights, weekends and holidays is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and spoken English is required.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time is required.
- Ability to effectively utilize computer database programs and Microsoft Office is required.
- Ability to multi-task and maintain calm under pressure is required.
- A minimum of 1 year of previous hotel front office experience is required. Previous experience in a luxury hotel is strongly preferred.