**Who we are**
Intelligent Conversation and Communication Cloud (IC3) powers billions of real-time customer conversations across Microsoft’s first party (Teams, Skype), and second party (Dynamics) solutions. IC3 enables reliable and high-quality audio/video calling, meeting, messaging services that work every time from anywhere seamlessly across all customer touchpoints. IC3 makes conversations on our platforms more intelligent in real-time empowering best-in-class productivity tools for the modern workplace where every call, meeting or chat will make the next one better.
**About the team and role**
Are you passionate about leveraging large volumes of data sets to draw deep insights designed to improve business strategies and customer experience? Currently our team owns generating critical Business Reports, Near-Real Time Operational Insights and Anomaly Detection for Microsoft’s first-party real-time conversation products, notably Skype and Teams with many millions of users, to operate with reliable and high-quality audio and video calling, meetings, and chat services thatwork every time, fromanywhere, onany device and next year goal is to develop self-service tooling & generate smart analytics through AI.
• Ship high-quality, well-tested, secure, and maintainable code
• Design, develop, and maintain data pipelines and back-end services for real-time decisioning, reporting, optimization, data collection, and related functions.
• Manage automated unit and integration test suites.
• Work collaboratively and communicate effectively with a small, motivated team of engineers and product managers.
• Experiment with and recommend new technologies that simplify or improve the tech stack.
• Participate in an on-call rotation and work occasional off-hours.
• BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field
• Seeking candidates with 5+ years of experience in:
• Architecting, building, and maintaining end-to-end, high-throughput data systems and their supporting services.
• Designing data systems that are secure, testable, and modular, particularly in Python, as well as their support infrastructure (shell scripts, job schedulers, message queues, etc.).
• Designing efficient data structures and database schemas and working with distributed systems architecture
• Incorporating data processing and workflow management tools into pipeline design.
• Knowledge on Statistics & Exposure to ML/AI techniques.
• Utilizing a variety of data stores, including data warehouses, RDBMSes, in-memory caches, and searchable document DBs.
• Strong communication skills to explain insights in an understandable way to non-experts, in both formal presentations and informal group conversations.
• Experience working with large data sets using SQL/Azure Data Lake/Spark, etc., to derive actionable insights is highly desirable.
• Developing for continuous integration and automated deployments.
• Using profiling tools, debugging logs, performance metrics, and other data sources to make code- and application-level improvements.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form (https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest) .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.