Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa
The 444-room Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa is classic Rancho Mirage re-imagined for the 21st-century traveler. Our luxurious Palm Springs hotel rooms surround you in Spanish Colonial-inspired style and a soothing desert palette of beige, sand, and ivory. With plenty of space for your peace and your quiet, you'll also open French doors to your very own private patio or balcony where the warm desert air and breathtaking views await.
Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort and Spa's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Rancho Las Palmas may be your perfect match.
To ensure that members and guests have an enjoyable round of golf. This position is tasked with providing guests with service regarding tee times, tee time coordination, rules and policies and pace-of-play.
- Greet all members and guests in a positive, enthusiastic and professional manner while informing them on the first tee of our pace of play policies, course conditions, yardage markers, comfort station locations, reminding them to repair ball marks, fill divots, and all other pertinent information regarding our facilities. Due to the nature of the position, the golf starter must be pleasant, but firm at the same time.
- Up-sell future events, food & beverage, and resort amenities.
- Maintain an adequate supply of golf accessories at the starter shack at all times i.e. scorecards, pencils, tees, etc.
- Carry the day's tee sheet and ensure head set and radio are always on.
- Assist outside services as required.
- Keep up to date with outside computer and in constant contact with golf shop for changes, cancellations, singles, etc.
- Check ID's if needed to ensure all players driving a golf cart are of age with a valid Driver's License.
- Must be able to withstand year-round outside conditions.
- Turn tee sheet into golf shop at appropriate time.
- Maintain an effective working knowledge of the EZL tee sheet system and be available to assist in the pro shop with day to day duties as requested.
- Keep work area neat and clean at all times.
- Previous customer service, hospitality and/or Golf experience required.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Prior serving and cash handling experience preferred
- Must be able to multi task
- Must be able to stand and walk for an extended period of time or for an entire shift
- Must be able to move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing up to 10lbs without assistance
- Must be able to work flexible shifts including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to multi-task and remain calm and guest service oriented at all times.
- Ability to keep positive attitude and be team oriented.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity/AA/Disability/Veteran employer. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .