Tax Services Assistant Manager - EDGE - Global Compliance & Reporting - Global Payroll Operate - SMO
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Tax Services Assistant Manager – National Tax – EDGE – Global Compliance & Reporting – Global Payroll Operate
Ernst & Young LLP’s National Tax and EY EDGE practices are made up of teams of professionals providing specific tax technical services to US and global clients. EDGE stands for Exceptional Delivery and Growth Engine because this team operates in a technical environment with deep process and service delivery experience that distinguishes the EY organization in the marketplace.
Our Global Payroll Operate practice focuses on helping our clients effectively manage their global payroll needs proactively and responsibly in 160+ countries. Our quality service and technical network enable you to help clients reduce inefficiencies, mitigate risk and drive process improvement within their payroll functions. We believe that by managing clients’ payroll obligations, we can make a critical difference, and you’ll be at the heart of this mission.
Our market-leading approach combines extensive local payroll service experience with a standard global payroll compliance and implementation methodology. With engagements involving a few countries or many, you will have the opportunity to provide clients an integrated, consistent, quality service that unlocks the potential of the payroll function across the entire process.
Your key responsibilities
As an Assistant Manager in Payroll Operate, you will supervise the daily operations of global multi-country payroll operate services for our small to mid-size clients. Governance of payroll operations is key, and you will lead the global country teams utilizing one global methodology to track the end-to-end process and provide subsidiary governance throughout our client life cycle to mitigate risk, increase corporate transparency, increase compliance, achieve the leveraging of key data insights and providing clients with additional product offerings. Capabilities include:
· Managing ongoing service for clients that are served globally, including conducting monthly service reviews
· Working, directing and resolving questions, identifying service opportunities with internal EY client-serving global teams
· Building on technical competence by keeping up to date on global trends, developments and regulations and applying them to moderately complex situations and undertaking non-routine, complex project-type work as requested by clients
· Exhibiting competency in technology by maintaining complex sets of data, reviewing data analytics and analyzing trends, including the collection of data per agreed-upon payroll calendars and other requirements
· Managing payroll projects as assigned, which will require ownership, project management, recommendations, solutions, root cause analysis, decisions and resolution, including the escalation of client and internal country issues
Skills and attributes for success
· Managing a wide variety of team members per client engagement around the world
· Being involved in identifying team structure for complex projects/engagements
· Serving as a coach for team members as requested
· Strong analytical skills, interpersonal, and written/verbal communication skills; problem-solving ability and attention to detail
· Project management skills
· Excellent communication, presentation and client service skills
To qualify for the role, you must have
· Bachelor’s degree and relevant post-graduate qualification, preferably with an emphasis in Accounting, Business or Finance
· Five or more years of relevant payroll and/or tax experience or equivalent experience in business or industry
· Excellent organizational and verbal/written communication skills with a proactive approach to problem solving and attention to detail
· Client-facing exposure in a global role
· Strong analytical, interpersonal, project management, written and verbal communication, and organizational skills, with a detail-oriented approach
· Payroll project management experience
· Understanding and exposure to payroll or other related finance activities with a strong willingness to learn
· Strong numbers acumen, including analytical abilities and proficient skills in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Ideally, you’ll also have
· Project management professional (PMP)
· Certified payroll professional (CPP) or equivalent
· Second language is beneficial
What we look for
We’re interested in professionals with the drive to take on new responsibilities and projects. You’ll need the confidence to speak up with your own creative thoughts on a wide range of areas. You’ll also have the opportunity to achieve your potential by being given professional development opportunities and experiences with clients across geographies. If you’re keen to play a pivotal role within a highly focused global payroll operate team, this role is for you.
The salary range for this position in Stamford is: $69,800 - $104,800
The salary range for this position in Hartford is: $64,000 - $96,000
The salary range for this position in Denver is: $58,200 - $87,300
The salary range for this position in Las Vegas is: $58,200 - $87,300
**What we offer**
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to the business. The salary range for this job in most geographic locations in the US is $58,200 to $96,000. The salary range for New York City Metro Area, Washington State and California (excluding Sacramento) is $69,800 to $109,100. Individual salaries within those ranges are determined through a wide variety of factors including but not limited to education, experience, knowledge, skills and geography. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
+ **Continuous learning:** You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
+ **Success as defined by you:** We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
+ **Transformative leadership:** We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
+ **Diverse and inclusive culture:** You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
**If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.**
**The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.**
**EY | Building a better working world**
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable law.
EY is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and either need assistance applying online or need to request an accommodation during the interview process, please call 1-800-EY-HELP3, type Option 2 (HR-related inquiries) and then type Option 1 (HR Shared Services Center), which will route you to EY’s Talent Shared Services Team or email SSC Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org .