The Omni Providence is a landmark hotel in Rhode Island. This hotel is located in the exciting city of Providence and is attached to the Rhode Island Convention Center, Dunkin Donuts Convention Center, as well as the Providence Place Mall. Guests find themselves in walking distance to everything the city has to offer from historical sights to amazing restaurants.
The Omni Providence a beautiful Convention Hotel but our associates are what separate us from the rest of the hotels. Our culture provides an atmosphere that allows our associates to learn and grow in their professional development in a fun environment. We strongly encourage promotions from within our company, and as a result, our staff has a solid hospitality foundation. Our diverse staff comes from many different countries in the world and provides a fantastic atmosphere to develop both from a professional and personal level. Although we offer a complete benefit package for all of our full-time associates, all of our associates are provided the greatest benefit of all which is "opportunity".
To achieve monthly room night goals, develop and implement sales action plans, maintain positive interdepartmental communications and to complete special projects as assigned by the Director of Sales and Marketing.
- Fully develop Corporate Transient market segments (ESP, Consortia, Government) and achieve room night and revenue goals for all three segments.
- Emphasize higher rated, less price sensitive business traveling on shoulder days of the week, as prescribed by individual hotels.
- Maintain weekly telephone and outside solicitation, travel agency presentations.
- Develop ESP Task Force as required.
- Track all accounts daily including Consortia, ESP, and Government segments.
- Develop new accounts
- Maintain growth of existing accounts.
- Abides by all sales office procedures and systems.
- Participate in weekly marketing and rooms merchandising meetings, monthly sales meetings, stand up daily and monthly sales meetings as assigned by the Director of Sales.
- Maintain relationships with GSO's.
- Attend monthly ESP conference calls with corporate office.
- Monthly ABTA meetings/participation.
- Yearly training with corporate.
- Ability to multi-task in fast paced environment.
- Minimum of 2 years hospitality experience required.
- Minimum of 2 years hotel sales experience required.
- A command and mastery of Delphi or Salesforce preferred.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to close business on initial inquiry.
- Proven track record in business sales; developing key markets.
- Preferred experience in city market.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills required.
- Must have Bachelors Degree or equivalent, hospitality degree preferred.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity/AA/Disability/Veteran employer. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement