The Omni Providence is a landmark hotel in Rhode Island. This hotel is located in the exciting city of Providence and is attached to the Rhode Island Convention Center, Dunkin Donuts Convention Center, as well as the Providence Place Mall. Guests find themselves in walking distance to everything the city has to offer from historical sights to amazing restaurants.
The Omni Providence a beautiful Convention Hotel but our associates are what separate us from the rest of the hotels. Our culture provides an atmosphere that allows our associates to learn and grow in their professional development in a fun environment. We strongly encourage promotions from within our company, and as a result, our staff has a solid hospitality foundation. Our diverse staff comes from many different countries in the world and provides a fantastic atmosphere to develop both from a professional and personal level. Although we offer a complete benefit package for all of our full-time associates, all of our associates are provided the greatest benefit of all which is "opportunity".
The operating engineer will ensure a safe, efficient, and well-maintained hotel environment.
- This person will be responsible for but, not limited to operating the boiler and chilled water plants, and maintaining temperatures throughout the building.
- They will take water samples of boiler, loop, and cooling tower systems and treat the water to maintain predetermined levels of chemical concentration.
- Responsibilities will also include operating various equipments, maintaining domestic hot and cold water systems, and observing various electrical switchgear to ensure proper operation.
- This person will be called upon to make repairs to guest room and public spaces as necessary including but not limited to kitchen, HVAC, electrical, and plumbing repairs.
- They will be assigned to cleaning and general maintenance duties in the engineering spaces as well as other assigned daily operations.
- They must be able to work AM, PM, overnight, weekend and holiday shifts. Schedule will vary according to business and operational needs.
- Must be able to stand/walk for up to 8 hours per shift
- Must be able to work nights, weekends, overnight, and holidays
- Must have excellent customer service skills
- Must be proficient in Synergy or equivilent tracking system
- Previous Maintenance Engineer experience preferred
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity/AA/Disability/Veteran employer. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
End of Job Description