The Omni Providence is a landmark hotel in Rhode Island. This hotel is located in the exciting city of Providence and is attached to the Rhode Island Convention Center, Dunkin Donuts Convention Center, as well as the Providence Place Mall. Guests find themselves in walking distance to everything the city has to offer from historical sights to amazing restaurants.
The Omni Providence a beautiful Convention Hotel but our associates are what separate us from the rest of the hotels. Our culture provides an atmosphere that allows our associates to learn and grow in their professional development in a fun environment. We strongly encourage promotions from within our company, and as a result, our staff has a solid hospitality foundation. Our diverse staff comes from many different countries in the world and provides a fantastic atmosphere to develop both from a professional and personal level. Although we offer a complete benefit package for all of our full-time associates, all of our associates are provided the greatest benefit of all which is "opportunity".
To supervise, monitor and review on all site accounting activities including account reconciliation, accounts payable, accounts receivable, research, Accounts Receivable billing, credit and collection, and the monitoring of operations systems and procedures and control features.
- Responsible for complete training of staff for job duties of the following positions: Accounts Receivable Clerk; Accounts Receivable Billing Clerk; Accounts Payable Clerk, General Cashier, Income Audit and Paymaster.
- Coordinate all on site accounting functions with the Director of Finance. Act as liaison for all corporate accounting requests.
- Ensure a smooth Accounts Payable process.
- Assist in attaining financial goals.
- Partner with Credit Manager to ensure the timely billing of all direct bill accounts with complete backup and accurate invoices.
- Ensure maintenance of all daily filing of documents needed for research requests from guest and in-house users.
- Ensure all guest disputes and requests for clarification is resolved and/or responded to in a timely manner.
- Ensure an effective tracking system for all rebates/adjustments.
- Work closely with all departments to come up with solutions to Systems & Controls problems.
- Ensure daily balance of Income Audit to Daily Report.
- Complete all general ledger and bank reconciliation.
- Ensure a timely month-end close.
- Produce accurate financial statements.
- Prepare inter-company reconciliation and solve disputes.
- Ensure that daily cash management functions - dial up bank, check balances, reconcile accounts, fax transfers or funding requests are prepared properly.
- Prepare Balance Sheet analysis.
- Must have 2-4 years of accounting experience preferably in the hospitality industry.
- Previous experience as an Assistant Director of Finance in a hotel preferred.
- Must be flexible and able to work some weekends.
- College degree required, preferrable in Accounting or Finance.