Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Quality Inspector III – Plymouth, MN 2nd Shift
Our business purpose is to restore health and improve quality of life through the design and provision of device and management solutions for the treatment of structural heart disease. We aim to lead the markets we serve by requiring the solutions we offer customers provide an improved benefit/risk profile as compared to existing standards of care; a performance threshold that by definition, guides and ensures the productive output of our engineering, business development, and clinical research efforts result in outcomes that advance the standard of care. We are seeking an experienced, high caliber Quality Inspector II that will be based in our Plymouth, MN location. This position is responsible to perform quality control inspection activities. This role will be 2nd shift; 14:30PM to 23:00PM Monday thru Friday.
• Performs visual, dimensional, and functional inspection and testing according to documented policies and procedures
• Records inspection and test data as prescribed by written instructions and procedures
• Operates all associated test and measurement equipment as instructed and as documented in procedures
• Recommends changes to policies and procedures
• May prepare and submit change requests
• Documents non-conformances in Non-Conforming Material Review system
• Participates in GR&R studies as directed by engineers or technicians
• Collects data for First Article inspections
• Performs testing and inspection in accordance with special test requests • May train other Inspectors
• Assists in gathering, analyzing, and trending of data
• Other Duties: Performs work of a miscellaneous nature as required
• Support all Divisional initiatives as identified by divisional management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements
Your experience(s), education and knowledge: Required: • High School degree required
• 2 plus year prior inspection experience Experience with optical and mechanical measurement equipment, hand tools, gages, pressure and force gage testing
• Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) Preferred:
• Experience working in Medical Device industry
• Working experience utilizing Vision system WHAT WE OFFER: At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
• Training and career development, with on-boarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
• Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
• Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
• Paid time off
• 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match • The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity. Connect with us at www.abbott.com , on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email email@example.com