Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? Whether in the areas of mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology or energy and building technology - with us, you will have the chance to improve quality of life all across the globe. Welcome to Bosch.
This group is working on ADAS functions for series projects. Examples include Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC), Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB) and partially automated driving (e.g. Highway-Assist).
**_We are looking for a proactive engineer to fill the role as Software Development Engineer for our Radar Software department. You will be responsible for Automatic Emergency Braking functions. As an Automatic Emergency Braking responsible engineer, you will analyze customer requirements, create design documentation, implement logic, perform design and implementation reviews, support test engineering with the creation and execution of test cases, as well as perform vehicle level testing for Radar based Driver Assistance software functions._**
In this role, you will work in an agile development team to design and implement Automatic Emergency Braking functionality for customer projects. As an agile software developer, you will be expected to perform the following tasks:
• Perform software development and requirements engineering according to the V-model.
• Analyze customer requirements and create related subsystem and module requirements.
• Create design documentation in both text and model-based formats.
• Implement logic for new features and/or modify existing logic to realize the design.
• Perform reviews for requirements, designs, and implementations, as well as support other team members with theirs.
• Follow the defined software development processes, while proactively pushing to improve and streamline all areas of the process.
• Support module testing for assigned software components.
• Work closely with Requirements Owners / Project Managers / Test Engineers to develop quality test cases.
• Analyze and document test data and results.
• Support validation on system / vehicle level as well as customer validation trips.
• Support joint analysis and review of test data with customers.
• Communicate with other Software Developers globally to share knowledge and lessons learned.
• As part of an agile team you will be expected to support other Software Developers working in other areas to broaden your skill set and balance workload.
+ Bachelor of Science degree Engineering or Computer Science.
+ 1+ years of software development experience using C++ in automotive or embedded control systems from work or school.
+ 3+ years of software development experience in automotive or embedded control systems. (V model and/or Agile.)
+ Outstanding academic software experience will be considered as well.
+ Strong experience with C++ programming language is desired.
+ Willing to travel (domestic and internationally) up to 4 weeks per year.
+ Must possess a proactive attitude. Must possess interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with coworkers and customers.
+ Capable to work independently in an organized and structured fashion.
+ Experience with MATLAB / Simulink language is desired.
+ Experience with Requirement Management tools is desired, e.g. IBM DOORS.
+ Experience with Vector Tooling (CANalyzer, CANape, etc.) is desired.
+ Comfortable with in-vehicle testing.
+ Experience with Driver Assistance or ADAS functions (especially Adaptive Cruise Control) is desired.
+ Experience with Vehcile Dynamics is desired.
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
· FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
· AWIM (A World In Motion)