The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers, and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Join a team of development program professionals to manage & lead Honeywell programs. You will work under minimal supervision of the Platform/CBT/SBU leader, execute development programs of significant size & complexity to achieve scope, schedule, cost, delivery, and quality requirements while demonstrating mastery of program management skills and thorough understanding of multiple workstreams (of functions, Centers of Excellence, GBE’s, Suppliers and International Partners). You will manage and lead complex, global development programs that may span several major domestic and worldwide locations, requiring coordination of technology development, production and Entry Into Service across locations with the goal of enabling on-time Certification, a Flawless Launch into Production and a Flawless Entry Into Service. You will define, generate & implement program plans to cover all program phases. This position may involve some international travel and flexible work hours to support International team members.
· Drive on-time execution
· Manage the customer relationship for the program.
· Define & Generate Program Plans including the Program Management Plan
· Control scope and manage program changes,
· Generating and negotiating assertions where needed and capturing them in Contract Amendments.
· Understand and control budget and schedule through integrated processes.
· Assess and manage risks
· Adhere to the Integrated Product Delivery System process
· Execute the Management OS across Honeywell, Customer and Partners, with effective escalation when applicable.
· Collaborate, Direct, Lead, with effective delegation when necessary.
· Coordinate across all Honeywell Functions impacted by the Program(s).
· Facilitate Flawless Launch activities
· Work with New Product Introduction team to ensure supplier alignment to program milestones.
· Align Sales Inventory Operations Planning through the Customer Demand Planning process.
· Identify opportunities for revenue growth and margin improvement.
· Mentor members of team
· Present programmatic details at all levels of the Aerospace Organization.
· Summarize key issues & action
+ Ability to work with teams in different time zones globally
YOU MUST HAVE
· 10+ years’ experience and expertise within aerospace product development and leadership
· Program, product or engineering management experience
· Experience with complex products, programs, or processes.
· BS/BA/Master’s degree in engineering or business
+ Requirements Management & Fulfillment, Planning/Estimation
+ PMP Certification
+ Scheduling including resource-loading critical path analysis
+ SOW-thru-WBS-thru-BOE-thru Integrated Master Schedules
+ Expert in Earned Value Management
+ Cost & Financials (ex. RDE, spend, forecast, variance)
+ Risk Management -Identification & Mitigation- Change Mgmt
+ Lead Cross Functional Collaboration, Communicate &Influence
· Has authority, is accountable for program execution
· Demonstrated relationship management, motivational, and interpersonal skills including mentoring of Junior Project Managers and/or Project Engineers
· Experience with Aerospace QMS and processes.
· Strong business acumen with demonstrated analytical capability
· Proven track record of effective Large-Scale OEM customer Management required; record of effective cross-cultural customer management and interface, particularly in China or greater Asia Pacific region (preferred).
· Demonstrated ability to negotiate and close agreements that meet program, business and strategic objectives.
· Strong presentation and written & verbal communication skills, especially with cross-cultural customer & partners and Senior executives.
· Ability to work independently with limited guidance and exercise sound judgment
· Ability to think strategically and solve problems with high bias for action.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.