The Senior Loan Closer position in the Documentation and Closing group at JPMorgan Chase is responsible for managing a mixed pipeline of work assignments comprised of Community Development Banking, and New Market Tax Credit loan closings. The Documentation and Closing group administers a demanding portfolio of diverse commercial construction loans encompassing tax credits, equity investments, low income housing components, bond enhanced/direct pay letters of credit, perm -loan conversions, and development loans with single and multi-bank collaboration. The group experiences robust interaction with legal counsel. High analytical capabilities reviewing due diligence items necessary for closing, risk detection, managing diplomacy with customers/bankers/attorneys on policy components of loan documents, proficiency in commercial loan documentation, entity structure, maintaining a loan closing database, and performing on multi-platform technology systems is a vital requisite for this position.
The Senior Loan Closer is responsible for managing loan closing activities for new loans, modifications, renewals, and extensions. The position requires strong knowledge of externally prepared loan documentation and letters of credit. Ability to manage pipeline assignments, comply with quality assurance and control, safeguard production standards and responsible for working on other department projects as prescribed from time to time. The ability to examine commercial loan booking packages for accuracy and compliance with approval packages and ability to prepare settlement statements for release of loan funds and related financial transactions. The qualified candidate must possess experience in commercial real estate loan closing activities with strong knowledge of liability and flood insurance, title, survey, formation documents, and other real estate due diligence items. The candidate must be detailed and quality assurance oriented; capable of working multiple initiatives simultaneously; and work collaboratively across teams within the Bank.
Qualifications and Core Responsibilities:
• 3 - 5 years of direct experience with closing Commercial Real Estate Loans.
• Experience in diplomacy with customers/bankers/attorneys.
• Direct experience with commercial loan documentation, and entity structures.
• Experience with Bonds, Direct Pay/Bond enhanced Letters of Credit.
• Ability to prepare and complete commercial loan booking requests and financial transactions.
• Strong written, verbal communication skills and adherence to discipline.
• Ability to present complex topics in a clear and concise manner.
• Ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously.
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with departments at all levels of the organization.
• Experienced with Business Applications and Microsoft Office Applications.
• Ability to adapt to a changing business environment, quickly assess situations.
• Result driven, attention to detail, passion for driving best practices, and skilled at diplomatically breaking down barriers and obstacles.JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans