Montelucia Resort and Spa
Nestled at the foot of the picturesque Camelback Mountain in the exclusive enclave of Paradise Valley, the Montelucia Resort & Spa features 253 luxurious guestrooms, 38 suites and two presidential suites. The property's distinctive architecture is inspired by the rich history, white-washed villages and sun-drenched hills of Spain's Andalusia region. The property also includes the award-winning Moroccan inspired Joya Spa, three resort pools and five dining options including the critically acclaimed restaurant, Prado. The resort, which is adjacent to the cities of Phoenix and Scottsdale, offers easy access to golf, recreation, nightlife and entertainment.
To provide and maintain high quality standards and procedures in preparing and serving all pastries and desserts. To be an effective, positive member of the Pastry Team at the Omni Scottsdale Resort & Spa.
- Control quality and consistency of all food served.
- Ensure functions are completed 30 minutes prior to service.
- Ensure all food supplies necessary for service are in appropriate supply on a timely basis.
- Responsible for production of sweet items, pastries, cakes, fruit compotes, breads, chocolates, etc. for all outlets as well as banquets and amenities.
- Assists in producing and plating Banquet pastries.
- Work well under pressure of meeting production schedules and timelines for pastry needs.
- Work effectively in a team environment, assisting where needed, and offering assistance to others.
- Perform other duties as assigned by culinary management.
- Minimum 6 months (for entry level) to 3 years (advanced) relevant pastry/culinary experience.
- Must be familiar with all pastry cooking techniques
- Culinary degrees and/or formal training preferred
- Must be familiar with batch and quantity cooking
- Sufficient manual dexterity needed in hands to operate knives, spatulas, tongs, etc. Moderate to advanced knife skills.
- Basic math skills needed to understand and implement recipes and measurements.
- Ability to multi-task and work in fast paced environment
- Ability to produce high volumes of work while maintaining quality per Omni standards
- The ability to stand/walk for long periods of time and lift/carry/push/pull up to 30 pounds.
- Requires repetitive motion with both hands and occasional bending/stooping/kneeling.
- Flexible schedule to include early mornings, weekends, and holidays.