Montelucia Resort and Spa
Nestled at the foot of the picturesque Camelback Mountain in the exclusive enclave of Paradise Valley, the Montelucia Resort & Spa features 253 luxurious guestrooms, 38 suites and two presidential suites. The property's distinctive architecture is inspired by the rich history, white-washed villages and sun-drenched hills of Spain's Andalusia region. The property also includes the award-winning Moroccan inspired Joya Spa, three resort pools and five dining options including the critically acclaimed restaurant, Prado. The resort, which is adjacent to the cities of Phoenix and Scottsdale, offers easy access to golf, recreation, nightlife and entertainment.
Ensure proper set up of meeting and Banquet facilities by communicating effectively through supervisors to associates and handling guests requests on the floor.
- Directly responsible for the daily supervision of the banquet housemen.
- Inspects each function room prior to the event to ensure that both the client's needs are fulfilled and the hotel standards are met.
- Responsible for initiating and maintaining contact with each meeting planner (in-house) to ensure that all last-minute requests and changes are provided.
- Meets with banquet housemen on a daily basis to insure that dress and personal hygiene requirements are met in accordance with department standards.
- Reviews daily worksheet and assigns specific duties to each banquet Houseperson.
- Inspects each function room prior to, and during breaks to insure that all requirements reflected on the daily worksheets are met. Specific hotel standards must also be fulfilled.
- Walls, baseboards, and light fixtures cleaned.
- Room to be vacuumed thoroughly.
- Drapes to be hung properly.
- Lighting and temperature control to client's request.
- Banquet equipment.
- Tablecloths and skirting to be cleaned and pressed.
- Uniformity among all set-ups in accordance.
- Insures that cleanliness and order of all storage areas is maintained.
- Insures the proper use and storage of all Convention Services equipment. Establish preventative maintenance schedules for same equipment.
- Introduces himself to meeting/convention planner, as primary contact while group is in-house.
- Insures special attention for meeting planners displaying the Omni Gavel Pin.
- Daily, early contact with the planner, reconfirming details.
- Handles last-minute requests.
- Communicates changes to appropriate departments.
- Meets daily with Banquet Manager and new floor supervisor for shift turnover.
- In coordination with the Banquet Manager, initiates appropriate disciplinary action for housemen who have committed infractions of the Rules of Conduct as stated in the Omni Hotels Associate Handbook.
- Uses appropriate forms for reporting disciplinary measures.
- Submits forms to Director of Convention Services for review.
- Provides, in conjunction with the housemen foreman, the necessary training for each banquet
housemen - follows through to insure that all housemen consistently maintain high-quality standards.
- Makes entries into a logbook of the day-to-day activities of the shift, and includes problems encountered, disciplinary action taken, incomplete work, complaints from meeting planners, and any other useful information, which may assist the department in doing a better job.
- Conducts monthly banquet housemen meetings.
• The ideal candidate will have experience in a hotel, organizing and setting up meeting rooms for special functions.
• Ability to lift, push and pull up to 50lbs and have a great team work attitude.
• Must be able to work flexible shifts, including evenings/nights, weekends and holidays.
• Promptness in attendance is a must.
• Banquet set-up experience preferred; must have organizational skills; able to work well with others;
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .