Title: Landscape Crew Leader Pay Rate: Depends on Experience
Hours and Days: Monday-Friday 6:30am-2:30pm
Location: 1820 N. Goldenrod Road, Orlando FL 32806
Lifting Restrictions: Must be able to lift 35 lbs. repetitively. Experience Required: 1-3 years Responsibilities: Will include directing other employees to carry out tasks assigned by the foreman and manager. This is a working supervisor and will include mowing, mulching, planting sod, irrigation and spraying as needed.
Reports to: Landscape Maintenance Foreman
FLSA Status: Hourly, Non-Exempt
Position Summary: The LANDSCAPE MAINTENANCE CREW LEADER performs lawn maintenance and supervises the laborers on his/her crew according to specifications by performing the following duties, other duties may be assigned.
- Ability to manage people to consistently maintain a very high level of quality in the landscape
- Requires a pro-active approach to managing all aspects of the job within the limits of authority
- Ability to manage the details of the day to day operations
- Customer centric, maintain excellent internal and external customer relations
- Be a solution provider
- The CREW LEADER ensures all equipment is loaded on the truck each morning and is responsible for inventory of the equipment and tools at the end of the day.
- Responsible to check that all tools are in safe working condition before assigning to crew members.
- May be responsible to monitor irrigation controllers.
- Responsible to inspect plants and turf for insects, and, or disease (IPM) and notify the Foreman of issues.
- Monitors time management during breaks.
- Required to be involved in the snow and ice removal program.
- Ensures all safety equipment is on vehicles and all equipment is functioning each day.
- Makes sure all crew members are working safely and are using safety equipment properly.
- May distribute granular fertilizers on lawn and in planting beds.
- Performs on-the-job equipment training for each crew member.
- Mows, performs leaf removal, trimming, edging and mulching.
- Completes any reports that are assigned relating to time and materials used.
- Notifies the mechanic of any vehicle problems.
- May operate heavy equipment including, but not limited to, bushhogs, tractors, and mowers.
- Tags any broken or unsafe equipment for the mechanic.
- Operates other equipment, such as blowers, weed-eaters, and trimmers.
- Keeps company vehicle clean.
- Transports tools, materials and other employees to and from job site.
Additional Job Functions
Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product, and suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of shop, department, or work crew.
May train new workers.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Directly supervises 3-5 employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include instructing and training employees.
Position Qualifications/Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the
knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience: Minimum of 2 years experience in the landscape maintenance field.
- Language Skills: Must speak English and have the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple sentence.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Must have a valid driver's license issued from the state in which they reside. The driving record must meet the standards in the Employee handbook.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. On occasion, the employee may lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions (extreme heat and cold). The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The Budd Group strives to be a God-honoring company of excellence that safely delivers facility-related services to meet our customers' needs, offers development opportunities for our employees, provides growing value for our shareholders and contributes to our community.
The Budd Group is a family-owned and operated facilities services company with corporate headquarters in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, and Regional offices in Raleigh-Durham, Greensboro, and Charlotte, North Carolina; Greenville and Charleston, South Carolina; Orlando, Florida; and Blacksburg, VA.
With more than 4,800 highly trained service associates, we provide integrated facility services to our customers that include, but are not limited to, the following:
Our janitorial division operates under the principles of the ISSA Cleaning Industry Management Standard (CIMS), which ensures a purposeful, efficient, customer-focused execution of services. We also offer comprehensive green cleaning services under the guidelines of the United States Green Building Council (USGBC).
To consistently deliver professional, high-quality landscaping services, our landscaping division operates under the business guidelines established by NC, SC, and FL. Additionally, we offer comprehensive green landscaping solutions to help our clients become better corporate stewards of the environment.
The Budd Group maintenance services provide a wide range of repair services for commercial properties to include preventative maintenance. We provide our services through a group of trained staff such as electricians, plumbers, carpenters, painters, who help ensure continuous system operations, maximize operational efficiencies and control capital expense.
From janitorial and maintenance services to landscaping, project management and mailroom services, The Budd Group offers the convenience and accountability of a single service provider, combined with the breadth of expertise necessary to tailor integrated facilities services plans to meet the specific needs of any organization.