Market Safety & Fleet Manager
Clackamas OR Lumber - 15877 SE 98Th Ave (97015), 15877 SE 98Th Ave, Clackamas, Oregon, United States of AmericaReq #30209
Tuesday, September 13, 2022
**Builders FirstSource is the nation’s largest supplier of structural building products. 1 in every 4 homes build in America last year was supplied by Builders FirstSource products. We have national experience but with local expertise. Come join a team that strives for perfection and learns from mistakes. We posses a sense of pride in our work and work with third generation customers. We believe in empowering our employees and promoting within. We look forward to meeting you!**
At Builders FirstSource, the Market Safety & Fleet Manager administers associate Health and Safety programs that promote a safe and healthful workplace through proper planning, communication, awareness, training, supervision and control of hazards in relation to Automobile and Workers’ Compensation.
**ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:**
1. Continuously monitor the BFS safety programs for all market location by training and following guidelines set forth by OSHA and the global safety committee of BFS.
2. Review trends in Workers’ Compensation and Automobile accidents. Communicate with market management to review statistics, patterns, etc.
3. Schedule and/or supervise monthly safety meetings at market locations and notify safety coordinators and affected associates of new safety policies, etc.
4. Work with market safety coordinators to review incentive plans in order to make sure they are being used effectively
5. Ensure thorough accident investigation forms are completed after each Workers’ Compensation and Automobile accident
6. Provide yearly safety and driver training according to OSHA, DOT and company standards and policies to present associates as well as new associates
7. Work with locations to identify repeat offenders and ensure proper documentation and re-training is issued to associate.
8. Maintain and record risk management reports per BFS policy and report violations to location management.
9. Ensure mock risk assessments are completed at each location prior to District Manager’s final risk assessment and ensure monthly safety inspections are completed at each location.
10. Control and monitor safety issues within location’s daily operations. Implement necessary changes for the safety of all associates and customers.
11. Serve as member of the District Safety Committee.
12. Performs other related duties as assigned by location management.
_To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required._
+ Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in education and working experience.
+ 3 years’ previous experience.
+ Prior experience implementing and monitoring safety programs is required.
+ Understanding of OSHA and DOT rules and regulations.
+ Working knowledge of building industry.
+ Must have excellent oral communication skills and positive interpersonal skills.
+ Must be able to motivate others and work with minimum supervision.
**WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL ACTIVITY:**
_The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions._
+ Subject to both typical office environment and outside locations with temperature and weather variations.
+ Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds frequently and on occasion up to 80 pounds.
+ Competitive Pay
+ Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision Health Insurance (After 60 days of employment)
+ Paid time off and 8 paid Holidays
+ Short/Long Term Disability
+ 401K Retirement Plan with matching contributions
+ FSA and HSA
+ Life Insurance
+ Annual Employee Bonus Program
Builders FirstSource is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Builders FirstSource, please call (214) 765-3990 or email: ADA.Accommodation@bldr.com . Please do not send resumes to this email address - it is intended only to be used to request an accommodation in submitting an application for a job opening.
EEO THE LAW - English/Spanish
EEO IS THE LAW - SUPPLEMENT - English/Spanish
Pay Transparency Provision - English/Spanish
+ Job FamilySAFETY
+ Pay TypeSalary
+ Clackamas OR Lumber - 15877 SE 98Th Ave (97015), 15877 SE 98Th Ave, Clackamas, Oregon, United States of America