General Manager - Ontario, CA
3550 E Francis St, Ste 200
Ontario, California, 91761
General Manager ( distribution / warehouse - packaging )-Ontario, CA
WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock's 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com .
General Description of Position:
The General Manager is responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating operational activities at the highest level of management and overseeing the daily operations of a large distribution facility. There are 3 direct reports and 75 indirect.
Essential Functions/Job Duties:
- Responsible for the operations within the warehouse, including the following departments or employees - routing/dispatching, receiving, forklift operations, truck driving/maintenance, general warehouse and inventory.
- Responsible for all phases of employment, including interviewing, selecting candidates, training, monitoring, disciplining and terminating staff.
- Develop supervisors and team leaders to effectively oversee the daily routines of their assigned teams.
- Closely monitor the compliance of all safety policies and operation of equipment.
- Research, recommend and implement appropriate equipment to ensure safe transport and storage of all products.
- Oversee the completion of all required paperwork and data entry by warehouse team.
- Coordinate scheduling and routes with drivers and dispatcher.
- Partner with Safety department to continuously improve and enhance safety discipline, practices, and policies.
- Ensure materials are stored properly to conserve space and comply with safety procedures in conjunction with staff
- Oversees the rotation of inventories within the warehouse, as needed.
- Develop and recommend annual budget requirements for the facility, including staffing levels and justification for new or replacement material handling equipment.
- Adjust staffing levels to meet peak customer demand
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of six years of operations experience, including at least three years of experience managing an industrial facility or distribution center.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.
- Must have proficiency with P&L
- Must have someone that is process-oriented.
- Must be someone that is safety conscious.
- Budget development and oversight experience.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to engage multiple functions (technical, engineering, general management) within a business.
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook); and other applications as required.
Plus ( Nice to Have ):
- AS 400 distribution software
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands and fingers to type or handle. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
Keywords: general manager, site manager, GM, as400, as 400, P&L, safety, excel, distribution, warehouse, fulfillment, dispatching, receiving, inventory, supply chain, routing, fleet, lanes, routes, scheduling, suppliers, vendors, packaging, bottles, bags, pouches, corrugated, fleet