Registered Nurse - Clinical Informatics Specialist - Full Time Days - Ocala
Registered Nurse Clinical Informatics Specialist AdventHealth Ocala
Location Address: 1500 SW 1st Ave Ocala, Florida 34471
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Ocala
- Horse Capital of the World
- Driving distance to Gainesville, St. Augustine, Orlando, Tampa, Sarasota
- Part of the community since 1898, providing healthcare to Marion County for over 120 years
- Florida Hospital Ocala offers a broad spectrum of services, with programs that are nationally recognized and accredited
- Spectacular springs throughout the county
- Full Time/ Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Develops, implements, maintains, and optimizes ongoing training program for Clinical Information Systems for physicians, nursing, and other clinicians as needed. This will include training manuals and educational flyers.
- Serves as a physician and nurse resource throughout assigned facility.
- Facilitates required physician and nurse training, coordinating with clinical nursing education for all nursing informatics education and projects.
- Collaborates with other departments to meet physician, nurse, and other clinical staff’s educational needs.
- Participates in user groups as appropriate.
- Troubleshoots, offers guidance and resolves physician, nursing, and other staff’s clinical systems issues.
- Responds to end user clinical systems issues, taking appropriates steps to resolve those issues in a timely manner.
- Assists in preparing policies and procedures, training materials, while providing any necessary information to physicians, nurses, and other clinical staff (including downtime and recovery procedures).
- Maintains working knowledge of organizational activities, applications, concepts and operational procedures. Also communicates suggestions, criticisms and questions to Facility Clinical Informatics Manager and/or Chief Medical Officer.
- Assists with pilot programs and all projects in collaboration with AHS-IS and the facility.
- When assigned, serves as Facility Project Lead for projects rolled out by AHS-IS (or other entities) to the facility.
- Provides On-Call support off hours.
- Required to respond to emergency situations (i.e., disasters, hurricanes, etc.) by reporting to department and staying until the crisis is over or position is covered by incoming personnel. This is a mandatory requirement. Refusal to respond may result in termination.
What You Will Need:
- Expert in computer science, information technology, clinical decision support, physician, nursing, and other clinical workflows and processes
- Integrates medical science, nursing science, and information science to identify, acquire, preserve, manage, retrieve, aggregate, analyze and transmit information to make it meaningful and useful to clinical practice.
- Identifies clinical practice workflow and process improvement opportunities.
- Provides guidance to improve system performance and technology utilization by physician and nurses and other clinicians.
- Supports physicians, nurses, and other clinicians by providing continuous support, troubleshooting, and identifying opportunities for clinical information system improvements.
- Supports efforts related to the implementation, maintenance, and optimization of Cerner/CPOE (Computerized Provider Order Entry).
- Actively participates in training, process improvement, workflows, communication, education, implementation of various projects, and is often the facility project lead.
- Establishes rapport and maintains relationships, as appropriate, between AHS-IS, Administrative Leadership, Physicians, Nurses, and all other hospital staff as it relates to their job position.
- Passionate about informatics transformation in a changing environment.
- Understands clinical workflows, report analysis, metrics, medical terminology, and understands electronic order entry management in a hospital environment.
- Excellent skills in customer service and communicating with physicians, nurses, and other hospital staff
- Exhibits exceptional communication skills.
- Displays strong Clinical Information System knowledge and understanding.
- Adept at presenting information to trainees in a variety of ways to meet individual learning needs.
- Creative about the training process.
- Able to adapt to end user training needs.
- Flexible to the scheduling needs of physicians and nurses and provides support off-hours including call as needed.
- Must have knowledge of Clinical Information Systems and how it integrates with patient care.
- Will be responsible for knowing how departments relate to one another and process flow between departments.
- Strong computer skills; Microsoft Word, Microsoft Office, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrates ability to be self-directed with excellent organizational, analytical, writing, and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in multitasking.
- Ability to collaborate with other team members on projects, issue resolution, training, and outcomes.
- Ability to explain, support, and follow recommended workflows and processes.
- Able to work in a stressful environment.
- Active listening skills to fully understand and interpret medical terminology.
- Associate Degree in Nursing and Licensed Professional Nurse in the State of Florida or Bachelor’s Degree in Informatics or equivalent.
- Three years of experience with a hospital based Electronic Medical Record
- Documented experience with Cerner EHR
- Current Registered Nursing Licensure in the State of Florida
- Clinical Informatics actively merges information technology and healthcare documentation to support the integration of the Electronic Medical Record with patient care. Clinical Informatics is an interdisciplinary study of the design, development, adoption and application of information technology in conjunction with the delivery, management, and planning of healthcare services. The Clinical Informatics profession is a combination of physician informatics and nursing informatics in support of both clinical disciplines as it relates to education and training of computer science, software, and electronic applications. In addition to their clinical knowledge, the Clinical Informatics Specialist is an expert in computer science, information technology, clinical decision support, physician and nursing clinical workflow and processes. The Clinical Informatics Specialist integrates medical science, nursing science, and information science to identify, acquire, preserve, manage, retrieve, aggregate, analyze and transmit information to make it meaningful and useful to clinical practice. This includes expertise in the development, evaluation, adaptation and customization of applications, tools, workflows, processes, and structures that support clinical practice. This position identifies clinical practice workflow and process improvement opportunities and provides leadership and guidance to improve system performance and technology utilization by physician and nurses and other clinicians. This position acts as a primary expert Clinical Informatics resource to support physicians, nurses, and other clinicians by providing continuous support, troubleshooting, and identifying opportunities for clinical information system improvements. The Clinical Informatics Specialist position is responsible for supporting the efforts of the Clinical Informatics Team in relation to the implementation, maintenance, and optimization of Cerner/CPOE (Computer Provider Order Entry). The Clinical Informatics Specialist must be able to perform all other tasks assigned. Establishes rapport and maintains relationships, as appropriate, between Clinical Informatics Team, AHS-IS, Administrative Leadership, Physicians, Nurses, and all other hospital staff as it relates to their job position. The candidate should be passionate about informatics transformation in a changing environment. They should understand clinical workflows, report analysis, metrics, medical terminology, and understand electronic order entry management in a hospital environment. They must have excellent skills in customer service and communicating with physicians, nurses, and other hospital staff.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.