HomeTrust Bank is GROWING!
We have employees throughout North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee and Virginia. HomeTrust Bank ranks among the top 400 U.S. Banks with $3.4 billion in assets as of December 31, 2018 and is the largest community bank headquartered in Western North Carolina. Apply today to take your first steps towards joining this talented population of employees within a growing organization.
100 West Main St.
Cherryville, NC 28021
Are you passionate about helping others? Have you been told you are great with people? How better to use those skills then helping people with one their most important aspects of their life, their finances! Our Cherryville branch is looking to bring on a high energy, professional and personable Teller to their team. We are looking for someone that is dedicated to providing top-notch customer experiences and will enjoy being the "face" of the bank.
Tellers provide exceptional customer service through accurately performing various banking transactions and handling routinecustomer service issues all within established operational guidelines, policies, and procedures. Through strong customer relationshipskills, Tellers educate customers on new products and services as well as recognize opportunities to make referrals as appropriate.
A Day-in-the-Life-of a Teller with HomeTrust Bank:
- Manages teller window according to Bank policy, procedure and regulations:
- Receives checks and cash for deposits to accounts, verifies amounts, examines checks for proper endorsement and
- authenticity, and processes deposits into computer records. Places holds on accounts for uncollected funds.
- Cashes checks and processes withdrawals; pays out money after verification of identity, signatures and customer
- Completes Currency Transaction Reports when required.
- Receives mortgage, consumer loan and other payments and ensures the payments match balances due. Processes
- payments into system and generates customer receipts.
- Provides additional customer services including Official Checks, Gift/Travel Cards, Savings Bonds redemption, etc.
- Responsible for checking night depository bags and recording proper information on the financial institution's
- Buy and Sell of coin and currency with the vault.
- Properly maintains teller cash drawer limits.
- Balances cash drawer at the end of the shift and compares totaled amounts to computer generated proof sheet.
- Reports any discrepancies to the supervisor.
- Follows teller over/short policy.
- Ensures that the teller station is neat and properly stocked with forms, supplies, etc.
- Reports any technical errors on systems, system faults, or faulty equipment to supervisor and/or Help Desk as
- Keeps all cash and negotiable items secure at all times per Bank policy and procedures.
- Promotes the bank's products and services; consistently cross-sells bank products at every opportunity.
- Makes concentrated effort to solve customer problems.
- Promotes and maintains positive relations with all contacts, customers and potential customers
- Complies with all HTB policies and procedures.
- Contributes to the fulfillment of department and company objectives and goals.
- Performs as a team member.
- Participates in Branch and Bank sales, service and product training meetings, branch huddles, and other meetings as
- Promotes and introduces other financial institution products and services to customers, including but not limited to: debit
- cards, online/mobile banking, consumer and HELOC loans, IRAs, certificates of deposit, mortgage referrals, investment
- services, and treasury management services.
Our most qualified Teller will have the following skills and abilities:
- Presents a professional, business-like manner and appearance.
- Team and goal-oriented style - works cooperatively to attain branch and individual sales and service goals within corporate
- standards and guidelines.
- Ability/desire to gain credibility as a knowledgeable financial problem solver - i.e. to "sell" himself/herself to customers and
- prospects as capable.
- Focus/desire to serve customer needs and provide excellent customer service.
- Sales/Service skills - Knowledge of bank products and services, sufficient to identify and fill customer and prospect needs,
- conduct sales/service dialogue with customers and prospects, and/or refers quality business
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to resolve customer concerns/issues in a positive way.
- Successful completion of in-house training programs or other approved training programs for paying and receiving function
In order to be considered, please make sure you have the following:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Above average PC and technology skills. Ability to use applicable software and operation of branch automation systems
HomeTrust Bank is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or veteran status.
EOE/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities