HomeTrust Bank is GROWING!
We have employees throughout North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee and Virginia. HomeTrust Bank ranks among the top 400 U.S. Banks with $3.4 billion in assets as of December 31, 2018 and is the largest community bank headquartered in Western North Carolina. Apply today to take your first steps towards joining this talented population of employees within a growing organization.
106 South Van Buren Rd.
Eden, NC 27288
Hours : 8:30 - 5:00 Mon - Thurs; 8:30 - 6:00 Fri. **Competitive Pay, Full Medical Benefits, Attractive benefit package includes PTO, 401k match, wellness programs and more!**
Are you passionate about helping others? Have you been told you are great with people? How better to use those skills then helping people with one their most important aspects of their life, their finances! Our Eden, NC branch is looking to bring on a high energy, professional and personable Sales and Service Associate. We are looking for someone that is dedicated to providing top-notch customer experiences and will enjoy being the "face" of the bank.
As a Sales and Service Associate, you will service our loyal, valued, existing customers by handling a variety of routine financial transactions as well as provide solutions to suit their financial needs and resolve any problems they encounter with their prevailing accounts. As the largest metro area in Western Virginia, you will also engage with new businesses and people moving to this beautiful town in the Blue Ridge Mountains, helping them gain a better understanding of our top of the line products and services.
Voted The Best Bank in Asheville, NC, where we are headquartered, you will be proud to be a part of the growing HomeTrust family!
A Day-in-the-Life-of a Sales and Service Associate with HomeTrust Bank:
- Serves as primary customer contact for new account openings, account maintenance requests and problem resolutions.
- Teller Responsibilities to include:
- Receives checks and cash for deposits to accounts, verifies amounts, examines checks for proper endorsement, and enters deposits into computer records.
- Cashes checks and processes withdrawals; pays out money after verification of signatures and customer balances. Place holds on accounts for uncollected funds.
- Receives mortgage, consumer loan and other payments and ensures the payments match balances due. Enters payments into computer. Generates customer receipts.
- Responsible for checking night depository bags and recording proper information on the financial institution's forms.
- Counts, checks and packages coins and currency.
- Balances cash drawer at the end of the shift and compares totaled amounts to computer generated proof sheet. Reports any discrepancies to the supervisor as necessary.
- Ensures that the teller station is properly stocked with forms, supplies, etc.
- Keeps all cash and negotiable items secure at all times per Bank policy and procedures.
- Directly sells all Bank deposit products and services, including but not limited to: Checking, Savings, Money Market and Certificates of Deposit accounts.
- Promotes and introduces other financial institution services to customers, such as: consumer and mortgage loans, IRAs, certificates of deposit, safe deposit boxes, traveler's checks and money orders.
- Thoroughly explains and closes Consumer Loans. Refers Mortgage loans, Investment and other non-deposit Bank products and services.
- Participates in Branch and Bank sales, service and product training meetings.
- Ensures compliance with internal controls, operational procedures and risk management policies.
Our most qualified Sales and Service Associate will have the following skills and abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal/verbal communications skills with the ability to resolve customer concerns/issues in a positive manner.
- Sales and Service Associates must be organized, detailed, and possess an aptitude for basic math, including account opening and maintenance activities.
- Familiarity with all federal and state banking regulations pertaining to lending and consumer finance, including fair lending laws, the Bank Secrecy Act, and the US Patriot Act.
- Knowledge of bank products and services, sufficient to identify and assist with customer and prospect needs; conduct sales/service dialogue with current and potential customers.
- Stay abreast of all changes in policies and procedures related to retail and consumer lending products.
- Successful completion of in-house training programs within one year of accepting the position.
In order to be considered, please make sure you have the following:
- High school diploma or equivalent. Prefer 2-4 year degree in related field.
- At least two years of public contact or sales experience (financial industry experience preferred).
- Successful completion of in-house required training.
- Above average PC and technology skills.Ability to use applicable software and operation branch automation systems.
HomeTrust Bank is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or veteran status.
EOE/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities