HomeTrust Bank is GROWING!
We have employees throughout North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee and Virginia. HomeTrust Bank ranks among the top 400 U.S. Banks with $3.4 billion in assets as of December 31, 2018 and is the 2nd largest community bank headquartered in North Carolina. Apply today to take your first steps towards joining this talented population of employees within a growing organization.
Location: 330 Ridgefield Ct., Asheville, NC 28806
Hours: Mon-Thur: 8:00a-5:00p; Friday: 8:00a-6:00p
Are you detail oriented; with a desire to help others? Do you have excellent critical thinking and interpersonal skills? Home Equity Processor is the role for you! Our Consumer Lending Department is looking to bring on a new teammate to service our customers with the highest quality of financial knowledge & customer service support.
As a Home Equity Processor, you will be responsible for entering residential consumer loan data into the loan origination system; obtaining, assembling, and verifying required loan documents and data for accuracy, and communicating with Loan Officers and Customers regarding the status of their applications and documentation requirements.
A Day-in-the-Life-of a Home Equity Processor with HomeTrust Bank:
- Process Consumer loan applications from application to approval, including regular customer contact.
- Verify applicant credit, employment, and reserves; order additional documentation to complete the loan file.
- Review, analyze & calculate qualifying income & documentation, property evaluations, assets, and credit reports.
- Order property evaluations, title searches, verifications, and any other items required for loan approval.
- Monitor outstanding title and property evaluation orders; request corrections, if needed.
- Review disclosures for completeness and compliance.
- Responsible for identifying any associated fraud alerts.
- Submit an accurate, well-documented, and complete file to underwriting that is ready for approval or denial decision.
- Review and verify title, tax, insurance information, and all other documentation relative to the closing transaction, for accuracy and completeness.
- Responsible for scheduling the closing date with all parties.
- Clear closing conditions; prepare and send the closing packages to ensure closing dates are met.
- Accurately record disbursement requirements and requests.
- Mails Commitment Letters, Notices of Incomplete and various Adverse Action letters to customers.
Our most qualified Home Equity Processor will have the following skills and abilities:
- Has in-depth knowledge of title, homeowners insurance, and flood insurance policies; is able to independently review them to ensure they meet minimum Bank requirements.
- General knowledge of Bank consumer, deposit, and investment products and services.
- Thorough knowledge of loan processing and closing functions and procedures.
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to work quickly and with accuracy in a high-volume environment.
- Oral and written communication skills & organizational and time management skills.
- Successful completion of in-house training program (if available) or approved outside training program.
- Familiarity with all federal and state banking regulations pertaining to lending and consumer compliance, including fair lending laws.
In order to be considered, please make sure you have the following:
- Two- to four-year degree in business or related field. Knowledge of real estate or real estate law is preferred.
- A minimum of two years of mortgage or consumer processing or closing experience in either a bank or real estate paralegal environment.
- Knowledge of residential loan documents, laws, and regulations applicable to loan programs, closings, and real estate transfers.
- Notary Certification (preferred)
- Proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook, with the ability to learn other mortgage-related software programs.
HomeTrust Bank is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or veteran status.
EOE/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities