CDM Smith is an engineering and construction firm delivering legendary service, smart solutions for the environment and infrastructure, and an unmatched experience for our clients and employees. Our firm works with clients around the world to implement solutions to meet current and future needs. The successful candidate will have significant experience leading and managing the design of mechanical/facilities related projects.
We are open to full-remote and hybrid schedules for this position. We prefer for someone to be based out of our Phoenix, Dallas, or Pittsburgh office.
As a member of our Infrastructure and Services Group you would contribute to CDM Smith's mission by:
- With high-level goals provided, create, establish and support client relationships and lead project and technical delivery for opportunities in the Industrial/MEP/Facilities markets.
- Performing other duties as required such as creating mechanical and piping designs of basic to high complexity including: Development of P&IDs; selection of industrial equipment (pumps, rotating machinery, conveying equipment, etc.); Mechanical Systems (water, steam, compressed air, and co-generation systems).
- Evaluate piping systems utilizing CAESAR II, Bentley AutoPIPE, or similar software as required.
- Review draft designs for compliance with ASME, AWWA, federal, state and local regulations and sign off on completed designs. Ensure that firm policies and practices are followed on all designs.
- Provides technical guidance and training to more junior staff. Mentors more junior staff and develop them for future growth within the discipline and firm. May supervise the work of junior engineers on project work.
- Collaborate with sales staff to create proposals in response to current and potential client requests for proposal (RFPs). Review draft proposals for adherence to firm, industry, state, local and federal regulations and best practices. Meet with current and potential future clients to review their current and future design needs.
- Attend conferences, symposia, etc. to improve the visibility of the firm's products and services in collaboration with applicable sales staff.
Mechanical Engineer 4 (Piping)
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Architectural or Chemical Engineering, or Engineering Technology or related discipline. Certification as an Engineer in Training (EIT) or passing the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam in states where an EIT is not obtainable (within 18 months of hire or promotion or transfer).
- 5 years of related experience.
- Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
- Equivalent additional directly related experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Project Management Professional (PMP), Design-Build Institute of America (DBIA) or Certified Construction Manager (CCM) desired.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
**Why CDM Smith?:**
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.cdmsmith.com/en/Video/Meet-CDM-Smith)
**Join Us! CDM Smith – where amazing career journeys unfold.**
Imagine a place committed to offering an unmatched employee experience. Where you work on projects that are meaningful to you. Where you play an active part in shaping your career journey. Where your co-workers are invested in you and your success. Where you are encouraged and supported to do your very best and given the tools and resources to do so. Where it’s a priority that the company takes good care of you and your family.
Our employees are the heart of our company. As an employer of choice, our goal is to provide a challenging, progressive and inclusive work environment which fosters personal leadership, career growth and development for every employee. We value passionate individuals who challenge the norm, deliver world-class solutions and bring diverse perspectives. Join our team, and together we will make a difference and change the world.
**Job Site Location:**
United States - Nationwide
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
**Amount of Travel Required:**
**Visa Sponsorship Available:**
No - We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
**Skills and Abilities:**
- Expert Knowledge of computer assisted design and drafting (CADD) 3D and 4D software and practices.
- Expert Knowledge of engineer principles of design.
- Expert Knowledge of Microsoft business software (excel, word, etc.).
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
**Background Check and Drug Testing Information:**
CDM Smith Inc. and its divisions and subsidiaries (hereafter collectively referred to as “CDM Smith”) reserves the right to require background checks including criminal, employment, education, licensure, etc. as well as credit and motor vehicle when applicable for certain positions. In addition, CDM Smith may conduct drug testing for designated positions.
Background checks are conducted after an offer of employment has been made in the United States. The timing of when background checks will be conducted on candidates for positions outside the United States will vary based on country statutory law but in no case, will the background check precede an interview.
CDM Smith will conduct interviews of qualified individuals prior to requesting a criminal background check, and no job application submitted prior to such interview shall inquire into an applicant's criminal history. If this position is subject to a background check for any convictions related to its responsibilities and requirements, employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history. Criminal history will not automatically disqualify a candidate.
In addition, during employment individuals may be required by CDM Smith or a CDM Smith client to successfully complete additional background checks, including motor vehicle record as well as drug testing.
**U.S. Vaccine Status:**
CDM Smith Inc. and its divisions and subsidiaries (hereafter collectively referred to as “CDM Smith”) are committed to your health and safety. CDM Smith and its employees adhere to all applicable government and client COVID-19 requirements.
All bonuses at CDM Smith are discretionary and may or may not apply to this position.