Senior Manager, Strategic Programs, Norcross, GA
3169 Holcomb Bridge Rd, Jefferson Plaza
Norcross, Georgia, 30071
WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock's 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe and Asia. Learn more at www.westrock.com .
The Sr. Manager, Strategic Programs is responsible for developing the ConOps (Concept of Operations), framework, strategy, and deployment approach for institutionalization across the ePMO (Program Management Office), partnering with program operations to drive sustainability, company value, and future state adoption. The Sr. Manager, Strategic Programs owns development of Technology Business Management strategy integration within the ePMO and across IT by managing and implementing strategic and transformational programs and projects facilitated by the ePMO, through detailed Project Management, AGILE and SDLC methodologies, and defining roadmaps for implementation.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Lead sustainable projects and solutions to deliver on the outlined IT transformation imperatives and capabilities.
- Implement the strategic direction of Project Management, AGILE and SDLC methodologies, defining roadmaps for implementation.
- Drive reporting and performance management including dashboards, scorecards and metrics to improve project delivery, execution and leadership visibility; financial reconciliation, portfolio management, governance, and engagement.
- Lead all strategy development (LRP), portfolio management, governance and support training and delivery activities related to the program and project implementations.
- Product owner for ServiceNow PPM Module including technical roadmap, upgrades, enhancements, release management and process improvements.
- Define and implement a resource management model to align skilled resources and teams to projects and programs that deliver quality solutions.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive PM development plan that includes a standard curriculum, progression path, and feedback mechanism.
Strategy Development and Deployment
- Partner with IT senior leadership, Enterprise functions, and Lines of Business stakeholders to create the PMO roadmap with clear goals, execution plan, metrics and risk mitigation plan that will ensure successful implementation of initiatives.
- Develop and implement the change management and communication plan for the ePMO vision, roadmap and strategies.
- Identify technology projects which align with strategic objectives, determine project priorities by developing and maintaining a demand/capacity model, and aligning appropriate resources to effectively drive projects.
- Primary point of contact for overall technology transformation portfolio management matters to drive, align, track, escalate and communicate the portfolio performance to key stakeholders.
- Promptly respond to evolving business priorities and re-prioritize delivery strategies, as necessary.
- Lead efforts to continually assess and improve the value of the portfolio projects.
- Create and monitor ePMO key metrics to ensure performance visibility and improvement
- Ensure proper financial management of all technology portfolio projects, providing financial transparency to leadership, project resources and business partners.
- Partner with IT Finance to provide financial analysis, planning and forecasting to identify strengths, opportunities, weaknesses and threats, and develop recommendations for plans to address within the portfolio.
- Own and drive key internal transformational projects and multi-disciplinary teams.
- Integrate and share knowledge of the principles and methodologies of AGILE project management in the project life-cycle, scope definition and management, planning and scheduling, monitoring, communication cycles, project team and risk management.
- Exemplify and promote a consulting, delivery excellence, and customer experience mindset; in addition, a culture of ensuring value is realized and stakeholders' expectations are met.
- Partner with Human Resources to create the Project Management Development Program, a structured program designed to accelerate the growth of current and future project management resources.
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor's degree in business or technology or equivalent experience. MBA is a plus.
- 10+ years program/project leadership, and strategy with a strong background in team development, delivery, and process improvement. Strong leadership skills delivering all aspects of project and program management, including enterprise large portfolios with high complexity and risk.
- 5+ years of leading project teams and/or project leadership experience
- 5+ years of experience leading strategic enterprise initiatives
- Large enterprise project experience ranging from $1million+
- Exceptional communication, negotiation, conflict management, problem solving, influencing and decision-making skills.
- Ability to influence internal and external key stakeholders and build consensus across impacted areas.
- Expert knowledge of stakeholder management, risk management and organizational change management.
- Demonstrate ability to translate broad next generation strategies into a clear, specific, an actionable roadmap.
- Ability to lead program development and refinement in an evolving, fast paced, global environment.
- Strong knowledge of Waterfall, Agile, SAFE and SDLC methodologies
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office Suites of products, (Visio, Teams, OneNote, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
- Demonstrated proficiency in use of project planning tools (MS Project, ServiceNow, Jira, etc.).
- Proven track record of quickly earning trust, inspiring teams, developing resources, setting direction, and delivering results.
- Developing C-Suite level presentation material.
- Ability to decompose strategy into actionable and measurable plans.
- Proven ability to work in a fast pace technology environment.
- Familiarity with Portfolio / Program Management or Technology Business Management Software
- Developing roadmaps and executive talking points
- Consulting or manufacturing experience
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence.
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities.
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential.
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.